Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st Overall Entry pick - Reinhart vs. Bennett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 1st Overall Entry pick - Reinhart vs. Bennett

I didn't see a thread specifically on this topic, so I apologize if I'm being redundant.

I have the 1st pick in one of my leagues, and in another I have 1 and 2.

For a while I had Reinhart penciled in as my #1 pick, but the more I read about Bennett, the more I like him for fantasy purposes. Now I'm torn between the two of them in the league where I have 1st overall.

In the one where I have 1 and 2, is Reinhart/Bennett a no-brainer? Or am I wrong to discount Draisaitl as a possible 2nd pick?

The scoring categories are G, A, P, +/-, PIM, GWG, PPP, and for my purposes, position and ETA don't matter. I just want the most productive player.

I know it's a great problem to have....any input would be appreciated!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: 1st Overall Entry pick - Reinhart vs. Bennett

Reinhart would be my 3rd choice and Bennett my 1st choice. Buffalo will continue to be one of the worst next year and Reinhart will suffer if he plays. When Buffalo selects Mcdavid or Eichel, Reinhart will be support guy on the 2nd line then.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Reinhart would be my 3rd choice and Bennett my 1st choice. Buffalo will continue to be one of the worst next year and Reinhart will suffer if he plays. When Buffalo selects Mcdavid or Eichel, Reinhart will be support guy on the 2nd line then.
    Exactly, I don't see Reinhart as a 1C with or without a McDavid or Eichel. I see him as a solid 2C who can PK. A 60 pt Toews, I see Bennett as a Couture.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's a tough choice honestly. I see bennett as a 1C in Calgary and Reinhart a possible 1c but with the acquisition of McDavid / Eichel i see Reinhart dropping down the depth charter to the 2nd line.

Draisaitl looks great, has a great supporting cast but I highly doubt he will take the #1C from the Nuge.....

I have #2 in my league and I know Eckblad is going #1...

I will be grabbing Bennett most likely.

Dobber Sports Expert

In Fantasy hockey i speculate for the highest potential upside and while Reinhart and Benett are tremdous talents in the real NHL for pure fantasy purposes iīd go Draisaitl and donīt look back.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Deity

Reinhart to me was the best player in this draft and is the best player to choose.

Sometimes when the best player is the best player for too long heading into the draft (like Reinhart was), people tend to stop talking about him and start talking about others. I think Reinhart lost some luster heading into the draft only because of this.

For those who continue to think Buffalo will be the worst team in the league this year, you may be right. Now go look at the lottery results and tell me how often the worst team actually wins the lottery. Since the year 2000, only four teams retained the first overall pick after being the leagues worst team. Too much uncertainty to hang your hat on as far as Buffalo getting McDavid. Whats that old saying, A bird in the hand is worth more than two in a bush? Or something like that. If you don't understand that, then go look it up. Also, dont forget that the Board of Governors are talking about changings how the lottery works in the offseason.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...r-mcdavid.html

If I owned the first overall pick, I'd be taking Reinhart. I like his chances of displacing Hodgson as the top center on Buffalo a lot more than I like Bennetts chances of displacing Sean Monahan in Calgary.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have the top two picks in the draft and right now I am leaning towards taking Bennett and Draisaitl. That being said I could easily make an agrument to take Reinhart ahead of one or both of those two given that he is the most NHL ready of the three but personally I think these two have the highest potential upside from a fantasy perspective.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Reinhart to me was the best player in this draft and is the best player to choose.

Sometimes when the best player is the best player for too long heading into the draft (like Reinhart was), people tend to stop talking about him and start talking about others. I think Reinhart lost some luster heading into the draft only because of this.

For those who continue to think Buffalo will be the worst team in the league this year, you may be right. Now go look at the lottery results and tell me how often the worst team actually wins the lottery. Since the year 2000, only four teams retained the first overall pick after being the leagues worst team. Too much uncertainty to hang your hat on as far as Buffalo getting McDavid. Whats that old saying, A bird in the hand is worth more than two in a bush? Or something like that. If you don't understand that, then go look it up. Also, dont forget that the Board of Governors are talking about changings how the lottery works in the offseason.

If I owned the first overall pick, I'd be taking Reinhart. I like his chances of displacing Hodgson as the top center on Buffalo a lot more than I like Bennetts chances of displacing Sean Monahan in Calgary.
    This for Truth.

Too many people are already anointing McDavid/Eichel ending up in BUF for next year like it was forgone conclusion. A lot could happen between now and the 2015 draft but what is definite is that Reinhart is the current top center prospect in the Sabres system and projects just as well for that spot just as well or better than any other the centers from the 2014 draft.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd take Reinhart as well.

It should be noted that Edmonton is going to win the draft lottery and the hate is going to be through the roof!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I disagree with the Monahan being better then Bennett....

Bennett is built to be a #1 center and easily over shadows Monahan. Maybe not in the first year, but as Bennett grows I Can see him taking that #1 spot.

now If calgary wins McDavid or Eichel then thats a different story.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverGreek View Post
    I disagree with the Monahan being better then Bennett....

Bennett is built to be a #1 center and easily over shadows Monahan. Maybe not in the first year, but as Bennett grows I Can see him taking that #1 spot.

now If calgary wins McDavid or Eichel then thats a different story.
    Its all good, you are allowed to disagree. I don't think Bennett will do it but thats simply my opinion. I think Monahan is the future down the middle on that top line for years to come, and Bennett is a very very good 2C.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Its all good, you are allowed to disagree. I don't think Bennett will do it but thats simply my opinion. I think Monahan is the future down the middle on that top line for years to come, and Bennett is a very very good 2C.
    Honestly though, it's almost impossible to speculate.

All these kids are just so damn equal it will take a season or 2.... to really see who rises to the top of the pack.

We could also see an impact half way through next season...

with my #2 over all pick... I might just flip a coin or throw the three names in a bag and choose honestly..... lol

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm going with Bennett... as I see Calgary a little quicker to build support around him.
    In fantasy, stats can be highly dependent on teammates.

Buffalo... I don't know... Pegula already made his shot to Spend-for-the-Win... and failed.
    Now, I'm wondering if he waits to see if they win the McDavid/Eichel lottery before spending.

Calgary, though... I can't see Calgarians (word?) accepting to be bad for a long period of time.
    They'll spend once they've gathered enough developing kids.
    Maybe one more bad year and they'll hit the free agent market big time (a la Tampa Bay or Edmonton, this year).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm going with Bennett... as I see Calgary a little quicker to build support around him.
    In fantasy, stats can be highly dependent on teammates.

Buffalo... I don't know... Pegula already made his shot to Spend-for-the-Win... and failed.
    Now, I'm wondering if he waits to see if they win the McDavid/Eichel lottery before spending.

Calgary, though... I can't see Calgarians (word?) accepting to be bad for a long period of time.
    They'll spend once they've gathered enough developing kids.
    Maybe one more bad year and they'll hit the free agent market big time (a la Tampa Bay or Edmonton, this year).
    Wouldn't Draisaitl and EDM be the choice of team for having "a better supporting cast"?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverGreek View Post
    Wouldn't Draisaitl and EDM be the choice of team for having "a better supporting cast"?
    LOL.
    Yup.
    I speed-read the OP based on the title.

I do like Leon the best. It's true.