Thread: Oshie for M. Rielly

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Oshie for M. Rielly

Deal has been added to: My Oshie & Dillon for Rielly and Kucherov.

This is for my sim league (not my sig team). Think real-life hockey value - offense if most important, but defensive ability, speed and hitting are also factors.

I've been trying for a while now to land a solid d-man, and this is pretty much the best offer I've had.

Rielly looked good at times in TO, he's only 20 so you have to think he'll only get better. I have solid wingers (Vanek, JVR, Skinner, Nyquist, Coyle) so I am definitely considering this one. I love Oshie, but his injury history and the forward depth of St.L make him IMO my best option to trade. I'm a bit cautious with Kucherov - so much talent coming up for TB, plus the KHL factor (like it or not, its there).

I've been burned before going after young highly hyped d-men (Rundblad, Smith, Larsson, Faulk) so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by PrairieDog; July 12, 2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Deal modified
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Oshie for M. Rielly

Without knowing the full details of your team roster, this is my take.

In the long term you will be very happy looking back and seeing you nabbed Rielly for Oshie. He put up 27 pts in his rookie year and the future is gold, especially as Toronto improves in future years. Oshie is watered down in St. Louis as you have suggested and injury history is in question from time to time. Rielly will give you the offensive flair desired as he is an offensive d-man. He will also give you the hits and intangibles. I personally feel this is a great trade to make given the fact you have enough help up front. Don't be shy cause of past misfortunes. Rielly will be a homerun.

Dobber Sports Icon

OK the offer has changed:

My Oshie and Dillon for his Rielly and Kucherov.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I like the deal for you.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Rielly alone I am a fan of this deal.. Kucherov still has some growing to do but should be very serviceable going forward.. Losing Oshie hurts you now but longterm I like Rielly and Kucherov..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

I'd sooner see you pay for an established defenseman than go after a maybe. That being said, this is a decent deal though it won't help you win in the next couple of years.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I know nothing of SIM leagues. That said...w/out knowing the remainder of your roster, on its face I like this deal for you long term. Oshie is a solid #3 forward (in most league formats), but certainly not irreplaceable. I will say that the other GM appears to be riding a hype-wave, given Oshie's recent Olympic performance, and Dillon's favorable press coverage this past year. My belief is this other GM is expecting a breakout year for the Dallas dman.

Point being, you may be able to squeeze more out of this GM. Play the "I'm giving up proven NHL-ers for prospects card". I bet you can get a pick out of him.

Again, if your objective is long term, and your current roster is deep enough to keep you at least competitive....or if you're in a full blown rebuild...I like it as is, but think you could get more out of it. Oshie and Dillon aren't targeted with high end prospects flippantly for no apparent reason. This GM wants these guys.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hey Dog,

This is called rolling the dice. These deals come along occasionally and you kinda need a crystal ball to foresee whether it will turn out for you. If you like Reilly's futures well enough, take the plunge. I probably would although I am far from an expert on sim leagues.