Thread: Cody Ceci vs. Tyson Barrie

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Cody Ceci vs. Tyson Barrie

Hey folks, question is for the league in my signature:

I bolstered my defensive depth already this off-season, adding Muzzin and Gudas, neither of whom are Farm Eligible (have played more than 80 NHL games)

Wondering whether Tyson Barrie (not Farm Eligible) is a big enough upgrade to my current D-Core to merit taking him over Cody Ceci who I can send to the Farm.

I'm leaning heavily towards Ceci here - anyone think I'm nuts???
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Cody Ceci vs. Tyson Barrie

The fact Ceci is farm eligible (which won't last much longer) holds some value but I'd rather have Barrie in this situation. I think it's likely at least 2-3 years before Ceci gets close to Barrie's numbers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    The fact Ceci is farm eligible (which won't last much longer) holds some value but I'd rather have Barrie in this situation. I think it's likely at least 2-3 years before Ceci gets close to Barrie's numbers.
    So would you drop Gudas and run Yandle/Shattenkirk/Goligoski/Campbell/Muzzin/Barrie, and draft a couple forwards to put down on the Farm?

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    So would you drop Gudas and run Yandle/Shattenkirk/Goligoski/Campbell/Muzzin/Barrie, and draft a couple forwards to put down on the Farm?
    Makes it a bit tougher if it means dropping Gudas to run Barrie.

When you only start 3 D, I'm curious why you aren't satisfied with the 6 D you already have? It's a good group for a 12 team league.

Would you be trading for Barrie or Ceci or drafting them?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Makes it a bit tougher if it means dropping Gudas to run Barrie.

When you only start 3 D, I'm curious why you aren't satisfied with the 6 D you already have? It's a good group for a 12 team league.

Would you be trading for Barrie or Ceci or drafting them?
    I would be drafting them - any player under 24 years old on July 1st is ineligible to be signed as a Free Agent, they must be taken through our Rookie Draft.

Reason I'm concerned D-wise is we are adding two more teams at the end of next year and the waiver wire is starting to look pretty dire for good defencemen.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hits are worth -0.5 points, am I reading that right? And no PIM?

If that's correct, than Gudas is not worth owning. In that case Barrie over him for sure, and Ceci over Gudas as well.

Barrie or Ceci? Starting 3D I'm really not sure you need another, but I'd lean towards Barrie.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes and no:

Yes, we do NOT count PIM.

No, you read that wrong. Hits are worth +.15, and blocked shots +.25

Dobber Sports Padawan

Without PIM I think Barrie is the way to go, especially if expanding with two more teams next year. Barrie will be a mainstay based on how he played in the second half and during the playoffs. More than enough to offset Ceci and time on the farm. This should give you some definite trade value with the new GM's.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Stud

Barrie but drop radko
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Without taking into account Gudas, I would grab Barrie over Ceci.

Ottawa has 8 NHL defencemen, 7 of them on 1-way deals, the 8th is Ceci, who very well could be in the AHL to start and to stay. I expect a trade to be made by the Sens that would keep Ceci in the NHL with Ottawa, but you can't count on that with your draft coming up. Take the sure thing in Barrie.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Without taking into account Gudas, I would grab Barrie over Ceci.

Ottawa has 8 NHL defencemen, 7 of them on 1-way deals, the 8th is Ceci, who very well could be in the AHL to start and to stay. I expect a trade to be made by the Sens that would keep Ceci in the NHL with Ottawa, but you can't count on that with your draft coming up. Take the sure thing in Barrie.

Appreciate the input - Thanks!

Anyone else????

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Barrie over Gudas.
    I think Gudas will see less playing time with TB bringing in Stralman.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would totally take Barrie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im a huge fan of Barrie and with the young guns in front of him, that can only help him to grab more points !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons