Thread: Lebron James signing with Cleveland per Yahoo

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Lebron James signing with Cleveland per Yahoo

LULZ = awkward!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    never said he did dumbass, but he sure as hell won a few in Edmonton
    Love arguing with guys like you, because you keep coming back to get kicked after you soundly lose. "Oh one argument I threw out got thoroughly disproven? Let's just ignore that and try another one!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Love arguing with guys like you, because you keep coming back to get kicked after you soundly lose. "Oh one argument I threw out got thoroughly disproven? Let's just ignore that and try another one!"
    try to pay attention a little better buddy would ya? I said

after, after, after, after...that's the difference, they all won first then went on their merry way
    Gretz had won his cups already, not to mention it was the Oilers who dealt him our of town in the first place, so it's a completely different scenario

You guys are funny

try to pay attention a little better buddy would ya? I said

Gretz had won his cups already, not to mention it was the Oilers who dealt him our of town in the first place, so it's a completely different scenario

You guys are funny
    I really said nothing about that. Like I said, lose one argument, scramble and find another. Really if you want to talk about Gretzky, sure he was "traded" but he was moved because Edmonton couldn't afford him. And yea he won his cups before he left, but he was under contract the whole time. It's not like he had a chance to leave before that. I mean by other arguments you've made, Gretz was a super selfish player because his salary demands were what forced Edmonton to move him. He should have been happy and signed for whatever they could afford to pay him.

Dobber Sports Star

I think it's silly to compare Lebron to Gretzky. Gretzky is one of the nicest guys in the world. He is quiet, humble, and down to Earth. James is arrogant and loud and demands attention. I agree that the pendulum of hatred for Lebron has swung too far the other way, but I pretty firmly believe that it was all brought on by himself. It is all pretty well-deserved.

Rylant

are you reading another thread or something? or just really slow?

I didn't bring up Gretzky, newfcolins did, my reply was directed to him not you but you seem obsessed with inserting yourself right in the middle
    If you love Lebron that much, put a ring on him but otherwise go peddle your nonsensical BS somewhere else buddy!
    Big man lol. Those insults you're slinging around make you real internet tough. You're probably THE toughest guy on the internet. Thank you for your posts however, so everyone can easily see all the uncalled for comments you're throwing out clearly only apply to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Big man lol. Those insults you're slinging around make you real internet tough. You're probably THE toughest guy on the internet. Thank you for your posts however, so everyone can easily see all the uncalled for comments you're throwing out clearly only apply to you.
    OK pal, whatever you say
    Run along now, we're trying to have an intelligent discussion here

Slow clap

Dobber Sports Wizard

A lot of anger here...................

All will be forgiven, and this move is great for Lebron and Ohio. If anyone has read the essay/letter (I'll post the link below) announcing his coming back to Cleveland, one interesting note is how he talked about his four years in Miami being like his "college years". People forget this guy went to the NBA right after high school and has been followed intensely by the media since he was in grade nine. He was going to make a lot of mistakes and go through a maturing process.

Many people also don't realize his Mother had him when she was 16 years old. His childhood was no holiday, and all things considered he's done a lot of good with his stature as the best active basketball player on the planet.

As for arrogance, Jordan was the most arrogant player ever, but that's part of the reason he is one of the greats, and arguably the greatest ever. Comparing Jordan and James - a case could be made that Jordan's arrogance is a notch higher.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers

I can understand Vanek's argument that Lebron left before winning in a championship in Cleveland. In saying that, who cares about comparisons and what path other "great" athletes have taken - Lebron decided to take a different path and he may just help Cleveland win a title or two before his career is over.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post

As for arrogance, Jordan was the most arrogant player ever, but that's part of the reason he is one of the greats, and arguably the greatest ever. Comparing Jordan and James - a case could be made that Jordan's arrogance is a notch higher.
    Not exactly sure how you are defining arrogance but Jordan was always a decent human being to the members of the press and fans. He was never the entitled, condescending athlete that we see so often. Quick story- my uncle did some work on Jordan's mansion back in the 90s. Jordan came out and had coffee with the guys and talked about hoops. The most arrogant athlete ever doesn't do that.

Most arrogant athlete ever? Barry Bonds AINEC
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Not exactly sure how you are defining arrogance but Jordan was always a decent human being to the members of the press and fans. He was never the entitled, condescending athlete that we see so often. Quick story- my uncle did some work on Jordan's mansion back in the 90s. Jordan came out and had coffee with the guys and talked about hoops. The most arrogant athlete ever doesn't do that.

Check out Jordan's Hall of Fame speech. It's mindnumbingly arrogant.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

if bugs bunny was friends with MJ, that's good enough for me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just watched that a few weeks ago with my kids for 'popcorn and smoothie night' They absolutely loved it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Check out Jordan's Hall of Fame speech. It's mindnumbingly arrogant.
    I'm aware of that speech. If that is how you are defining arrogance in terms of his interactions with other players then I won't disagree with you. But he was right- he was better than all his peers.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

Definitely meaning it as arrogance on the court.........but some would call that confidence plus..........but as mentioned in my post, without that "arrogance" he's not the best ever.