Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James signing with Cleveland per Yahoo

Banned

Default Re: Lebron James signing with Cleveland per Yahoo

I know he's this generation's Jordan and all but other than that why would Cleveland fans want him? Don't you think he gets boo'd pretty bad? Or is it all forgiven and forgotten?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    I know he's this generation's Jordan and all but other than that why would Cleveland fans want him? Don't you think he gets boo'd pretty bad? Or is it all forgiven and forgotten?
    Would you want Crosby on your team the year after he kicked your team out of the playoffs? Of course you would. He's the best player in the world, of course all is forgiven and forgotten.

Just for the record, anyone who thinks the fans have more to forgive and forget then LeBron is just fooling themselves.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The guy is from Ohio and was drafted by them and is in the discussion for the greatest ever. So I mean, other than that, you're right, why would they want him

Banned

well it's nice to see how you're both so easily bought

Dobber Sports Ninja

I get paid 11 dollars for every Dobberhockey post that says nice things about Lebron. However, now that you've discovered my dirty little secret, and that I am actually paid out by "Big NBA", I'll have to be more careful down the road.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

LeBron as "Villian"

- Made a decision to sign with an NBA team as free agent

- (Misguidedly) Used his fame and influence, along with the opportunity to make his free agency decision, to raise millions of dollars for CHARITY

- Took a discount on his contract with Miami to not handcuff them in building a team

Cleveland owner and fans

- Burned his jersey en mass

- Viciously publicly attacked him at every turn

- Consistently expected a championship from a team consisted of "LeBron and a bottom five roster"

Yea, LeBron has definitely always been the bad guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    LeBron as "Villian"

- Made a decision to sign with an NBA team as free agent

- (Misguidedly) Used his fame and influence, along with the opportunity to make his free agency decision, to raise millions of dollars for CHARITY

- Took a discount on his contract with Miami to not handcuff them in building a team

Cleveland owner and fans

- Burned his jersey en mass

- Viciously publicly attacked him at every turn

- Consistently expected a championship from a team consisted of "LeBron and a bottom five roster"

Yea, LeBron has definitely always been the bad guy.
    Never said he was an especially bad guy, by all accounts he's actually a nice dude (well, as nice as you'd expect from an NBA star anyway)

But it doesn't change the fact that he turned his back on the team and it's fans to go to a powerhouse for his own selfish ends.

When Jordan first joined the Bulls they were terrible, and they stayed that way for 3-4 years before they even became respectable, in fact it took 6 years til they won the championship. But MJ didn't abandon them when they sucked, he stayed and he built a ****ing dynasty that went on to win 6 NBA championships. That's called integrity and commitment both of which are in short supply with LeBron, and apparently yourself. To each his own, but I call bullshit

Dobber Sports Ninja

And so because he left them, Cleveland should absolutely not want to ever take potentially the greatest NBA player ever, back onto their roster, because their feelings are hurt? I mean holding a grudge is better than winning right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    And so because he left them, Cleveland should absolutely not want to ever take potentially the greatest NBA player ever, back onto their roster, because their feelings are hurt? I mean holding a grudge is better than winning right?
    Like I said "to each his own", if you're a fairweather fan and winning at any cost is your mantra then you'll welcome him with open arms and see no problem with any of this

But if you have integrity and hold that to be more important than the almighty dollar then you might see it a little differently

Dobber Sports Guru

Never said he was an especially bad guy, by all accounts he's actually a nice dude (well, as nice as you'd expect from an NBA star anyway)

But it doesn't change the fact that he turned his back on the team and it's fans to go to a powerhouse for his own selfish ends.

When Jordan first joined the Bulls they were terrible, and they stayed that way for 3-4 years before they even became respectable, in fact it took 6 years til they won the championship. But MJ didn't abandon them when they sucked, he stayed and he built a ****ing dynasty that went on to win 6 NBA championships. That's called integrity and commitment both of which are in short supply with LeBron, and apparently yourself. To each his own, but I call bullshit
    With your theory, no superstar would ever leave their team. It makes no sense.

Messier left the Rangers after bringing them a cup. The Rangers fans hated him. But a few years later, when he came back, he was loved again.

Gretzky left L.A./St. Louis to sign with the Rangers. Pretty sure he's still loved by Kings fans.

Bobby Orr left Boston and signed with Chicago as a free agent.

Jerry Rice left the 49ers and signed with the Raiders as a free agent.

Albert Pujols left the Cardinals as a free agent.

I guess all these players turned their backs on fans.

Must be a lot of horrible superstars out there. I don't know why any fan would ever have supported these bums, being all selfish, and lacking integrity and commitment.

And I'm sorry, but if you're going to talk about a player being committed to a team, try not to bring up the guy who quit the league and walked out on his team at the start of a season so he could go try baseball.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    With your theory, no superstar would ever leave their team. It makes no sense.

Messier left the Rangers after bringing them a cup. The Rangers fans hated him. But a few years later, when he came back, he was loved again.

Gretzky left L.A./St. Louis to sign with the Rangers. Pretty sure he's still loved by Kings fans.

Bobby Orr left Boston and signed with Chicago as a free agent.

Jerry Rice left the 49ers and signed with the Raiders as a free agent.

Albert Pujols left the Cardinals as a free agent.

I guess all these players turned their backs on fans.

Must be a lot of horrible superstars out there. I don't know why any fan would ever have supported these bums, being all selfish, and lacking integrity and commitment.

And I'm sorry, but if you're going to talk about a player being committed to a team, try not to bring up the guy who quit the league and walked out on his team at the start of a season so he could go try baseball.
    after, after, after, after...that's the difference, they all won first then went on their merry way, try to keep up here buddy. You don't walk out on your team and city during the hard times leading up to the championship, that's called being a ****ing chump

but like I said, different strokes for different folks, if that's the kinda shit you value then knock yourself out LULZ

Dobber Sports Guru

after, after, after, after...that's the difference, they all won first then went on their merry way, try to keep up here buddy. You don't walk out on your team and city during the hard times leading up to the championship, that's called being a ****ing chump

but like I said, different strokes for different folks, if that's the kinda shit you value then knock yourself out LULZ
    When did Gretzky win a Cup in L.A.?

LULZ

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Guru

Leaving the Cavs and getting them 4 consecutive top four picks, then returning -- that's how he's gonna build a "****ing dynasty".
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Jordan did not become a FA until he had won 4 titles and had the likes of Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. Then the Bulls paid him 30 something million to stay and defend their NBA title. I don't see how any Jordan/James comparison can be made.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

LULZ being used on the forums? I think I hate that even more than Lebron-related drama.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon