View Poll Results: Craig Anderson next season??

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good. 30W .910s% 2.40gaa

10 29.41%
  • Meh! 25W .900s% 2.80gaa

18 52.94%
  • Brutal again Lehner re-signs and is the guy

6 17.65%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Craig f'n Anderson

Banned

Default Re: Craig f'n Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I doubt that...
    I'm sure you do, you be sure to let us know if you ever develop any basic objectivity

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    NJ, Columbus and Toronto will all easily be better teams than Ottawa, you can add the Isles to that list too
    The Sens will be duking it out with Buffalo, Florida and Carolina for the McDavid sweepstakes
    Can't count out Edmonton for dead last in the league!

But in all seriousness I think the Sens are a more middle of the road team, and Florida will be too. I see both finishing in the 11-14 range in the East with Buffalo and Carolina bringing up the rear.

Jeez, if any team could use a high caliber talent like McDavid or Eichel right now, it's the Carolina Hurricanes. Those guys are lost in the woods right now.

Don't mean to divert the thread away from the Anderson discussions, I'm just saying

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

speaking for eastern teams:

guarenteed to make the playoffs: pittsburgh, boston
    guarenteed to miss the playoffs: buffalo, florida
    most likely to make the playoffs: philly, rangers, montreal

bubble teams: tampa, toronto, columbus, detroit, washington, jersey, ottawa, isles, carolina.

the east is so shit that almost any team can make the playoffs next year. i personally think the sens aren't that good of a team right now, but they could easily have some hot stretches and find themselves in the wild card spot. same goes for pretty much any other bubble team i listed. there just isn't that big of a difference between the bubble teams to rank one over the other. heck even rangers/habs are probably due for a regress this season...the east is totally open.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    speaking for eastern teams:

guarenteed to make the playoffs: pittsburgh, boston
    guarenteed to miss the playoffs: buffalo, florida
    most likely to make the playoffs: philly, rangers, montreal

bubble teams: tampa, toronto, columbus, detroit, washington, jersey, ottawa, isles, carolina.
    Tampa is not a "bubble" team by any stretch, neither is Columbus IMO. You're living in the past man, they aren't the weak expansion teams they used to be they're legit contenders

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Tampa is not a "bubble" team by any stretch, neither is Columbus IMO. You're living in the past man, they aren't the weak expansion teams they used to be they're legit contenders
    tampa has yet to play a full season without st.louis, they seemed to be a much different team after the trade. also bishop is anything but proven, johnson and palat could go through sophomore slumps...lots of reasons why tampa could regress this year. i'm not saying they will come last, i'm just saying i certainly would not bet my house that they make the playoffs.

i think columbus should make the playoffs, i probably should have added them to the philly/rangers/montreal group.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    i like the direction both of these teams are going and will enjoy following them considering the number of former Rangers on both teams, but realistically they made the playoffs once, they are not legit contenders just yet

i actually think Ottawa and Washington belongs on the most likely list before Columbus or TB personally

other than Detroit and New Jersey, both teams that are not longer in their heyday imo, Ottawa and Washington i believe are the only teams on the bubble list with a better than .500 record at making the playoffs over the past decade

Ottawa and Washington are bubble because of missing last season, but to me making the playoffs a single season out of the past 3 should not automatically elevate a team out of bubble status which is why Columbus and TB should be exactly where they are slotted

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm sure you do, you be sure to let us know if you ever develop any basic objectivity
    Well lets see how they finished this year:

Columbus: 93 pts
    OTT: 88 pts
    NJ:88 pts
    Toronto:84
    Florida: 66
    BUF: 52

So objectively, using numbers from last year, you think ottawa will have a drop of 30 odd points, because they lost spezza (2C), worst plus minus on the team, and got a more defensively responsible 2/3C AND they have a young team with a learning curve, so should be getting better, AND Ryan, who was arguably fighting through sport hernia down the stretch..

Objectively, I'm way off basis?

How about you let us know when you learn to use big words like objectivity.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i like the direction both of these teams are going and will enjoy following them considering the number of former Rangers on both teams, but realistically they made the playoffs once, they are not legit contenders just yet

i actually think Ottawa and Washington belongs on the most likely list before Columbus or TB personally

other than Detroit and New Jersey, both teams that are not longer in their heyday imo, Ottawa and Washington i believe are the only teams on the bubble list with a better than .500 record at making the playoffs over the past decade

Ottawa and Washington are bubble because of missing last season, but to me making the playoffs a single season out of the past 3 should not automatically elevate a team out of bubble status which is why Columbus and TB should be exactly where they are slotted
    Really good point about Washington. Hopefully this is the coach that can get it done. You gotta think they have the talent there, and now a batch of defencemen!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Well lets see how they finished this year:

Columbus: 93 pts
    OTT: 88 pts
    NJ:88 pts
    Toronto:84
    Florida: 66
    BUF: 52

So objectively, using numbers from last year, you think ottawa will have a drop of 30 odd points, because they lost spezza (2C), worst plus minus on the team, and got a more defensively responsible 2/3C AND they have a young team with a learning curve, so should be getting better, AND Ryan, who was arguably fighting through sport hernia down the stretch..

Objectively, I'm way off basis?

How about you let us know when you learn to use big words like objectivity.
    What a larf, you guys need desperate help, both pyschologically and physically (primarily a big crowbar to extract your heads from your behinds LMAO)

let me make this simple for you, the standings in the east next year will look something like this:

Boston - 112
    Pittsburgh - 108
    Montreal - 103
    Tampa Bay - 100
    NYR - 99
    Columbus - 97
    NYI - 95
    Philadeplhia - 92
    New Jersey - 92
    Detroit - 89
    Washington - 89
    Toronto - 85
    Carolina - 83
    Ottawa - 79
    Florida - 76
    Buffalo - 62

I'm sorry that makes you horribly butt hurt and cranky but that's just the way it's going to play out, sorry buddy.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like your projections quite a bit. My main argument is with your exuberance for the Isles. I like them a lot better nestled into that group with PHI, NJ, DET and WAS, rather than being ranked above them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I like your projections quite a bit. My main argument is with your exuberance for the Isles. I like them a lot better nestled into that group with PHI, NJ, DET and WAS, rather than being ranked above them.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

You're right I might be too strong on the Isles but I really think they win "most improved record" this season, I like the moves they've made and I think they're just entering the start of their peak years

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    tampa has yet to play a full season without st.louis, they seemed to be a much different team after the trade. also bishop is anything but proven, johnson and palat could go through sophomore slumps...lots of reasons why tampa could regress this year. i'm not saying they will come last, i'm just saying i certainly would not bet my house that they make the playoffs.

i think columbus should make the playoffs, i probably should have added them to the philly/rangers/montreal group.
    While I disagree with the MSL portion of this (I think they'll be fine without him) I agree that it's very possible they could regress because of inexperience. A great example of this is when we saw the Lightning (albeit a differently built team) go to the conference finals in 2011 and then miss the playoffs for two straight years. One season does not make a trend.

That being said, I think Columbus is a shoo in. Kekalainen is a very good GM and this team is as solid as anyone in the East.

I...am your father.

Boston - 112
    Pittsburgh - 108
    Montreal - 103
    Tampa Bay - 100
    NYR - 99
    Columbus - 97
    NYI - 95
    Philadeplhia - 92
    New Jersey - 92
    Detroit - 89
    Washington - 89
    Toronto - 85
    Carolina - 83
    Ottawa - 79
    Florida - 76
    Buffalo - 62
    Boston - 112 - I'll buy that
    Pittsburgh - 108 - I'll buy that
    Montreal - 103 - No
    Tampa Bay - 100 - I'll buy that
    NYR - 99 - I see a drop. Slight, but still a drop
    Columbus - 97 - I'll buy that
    NYI - 95 - I'm on board
    Philadeplhia - 92 - I'll buy that
    New Jersey - 92 - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha. Sorry, I should be more respectf hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Detroit - 89 - not convinced they are this bad, but maybe
    Washington - 89 - ballpark, sure. I'm thinking higher but not much
    Toronto - 85 - A little higher
    Carolina - 83 - A little higher
    Ottawa - 79 - A little higher
    Florida - 76 - yes
    Buffalo - 62 - yes
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Boston - 112 - I'll buy that
    Pittsburgh - 108 - I'll buy that
    Montreal - 103 - No
    Tampa Bay - 100 - I'll buy that
    NYR - 99 - I see a drop. Slight, but still a drop
    Columbus - 97 - I'll buy that
    NYI - 95 - I'm on board
    Philadeplhia - 92 - I'll buy that
    New Jersey - 92 - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha. Sorry, I should be more respectf hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Detroit - 89 - not convinced they are this bad, but maybe
    Washington - 89 - ballpark, sure. I'm thinking higher but not much
    Toronto - 85 - A little higher
    Carolina - 83 - A little higher
    Ottawa - 79 - A little higher
    Florida - 76 - yes
    Buffalo - 62 - yes
    Huge habs fan here, but I have to agree with Dobber, not that high.

They are going to take a step back next season.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Are you for real? You find it hilarious to the point of mocking me that the Devils get 4 more pts than they did last season?
    Why is that such a stretch? Have you learned nothing about Lamoriello? He builds a competitive team every season, the man is a wizard, you should show a little more respect.