Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AHL comes up with new OT/fighting rules

Dobber Sports Guru

Default AHL comes up with new OT/fighting rules

For OT, first, they're going to switch ends.

Then, extend OT to seven minutes. The first three minutes will be 4 on 4. The next four minutes will be 3 on 3.

For fighting, there will be an automatic misconduct if a player gets in two fights in the same game. Also, three major penalties will be a game misconduct.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-stor...coming-to-ahl/

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I...am your father.

Default Re: AHL comes up with new OT/fighting rules

Two comments - 1) OT change is awesome. About time. The NHL will have this next year - MARK IT! And when they do, the shootout will happen once a year for each team, maybe twice. Suddenly, the shootout will be semi-interesting since it won't be a daily event anymore.

2) Why are they dancing around the fighting issue? Either ban it or don't. This *****-footing is just the chickenshit way of gradually banning it over the course of five years. You can MARK this as well - two fights and out today...but within five years it will be one fight and out (i.e. fighting will be banned). I'm not advocating this, I'm just speaking facts as I see them
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Hmmm I didn't know I have ***** as a banned word. What if I was talking about a *****cat? Or a *****willow? That Dobber is so strict!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Hmmm I didn't know I have ***** as a banned word. What if I was talking about a *****cat? Or a *****willow? That Dobber is so strict!
    Lol
    I read your post and it odd too considering chickenshit wasn't treated the same...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    lol Dobber, ya big *****!!

I definitely agree with you on the fighting issue, it's coming, it was inevitable thanks to "society" and that whole you can't take the law into your own hands concept (players policing themselves has been unacceptable to the NHL for some time now). Even though the majority of players want fighting to remain in the game, I agree that it's a fait accompli. That said, it had to be mandated for the players to wear helmets, so maybe they aren't the best judges for player safety type stuff. I mean who knew that hard shelled shoulder and elbow pads would actually hurt when you got hit by them? Even Don Cherry recognized that like 100 years ago, when he smacked Ron McLean on the head to demonstrate during one Coach's Corner segment.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

I absolutely love the new OT rules. I'm looking forward to seeing if it decides many more games, but I've seen this sort of thing at other levels of hockey and it is really exciting to watch. Much moreso than the shootout in my mind

Dobber Sports Star

I like the change side bit of the OT, not the 7min bit.

As for fighting, I'm indifferent.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Stud

Love the new OT rules. Can't wait for the NHL to follow suit.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Star

this might only be me but it grinds my gears that 4v4 is 3 minutes while 3v3 is 4 minutes...... why not just 444 and 333?
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Novice

OT should be much more exciting. Much rather have a game decided in this manner versus a shootout. After watching all this World Cup and to have penalties decide such important games sullies it to me. The hockey shootout is just on a smaller scale given it's only regular season.

The fight rule is good as well as it's just another step in protecting the players. Just need to reinforce other aspects of the game to force the 'cheap shot artists' to police themselves more. Some of the suspensions for repeat offenders are a joke but that's a topic for another thread

Dobber Sports Wizard

While I don't mind the idea of 4v4 and 3v3, isn't that just as gimmicky as the shootout?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    While I don't mind the idea of 4v4 and 3v3, isn't that just as gimmicky as the shootout?
    Still gimmicky, but not quite as much. At least the essence of the game - passing, hitting, making plays, team play - is still all there.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like the 7 minute OT, but I'm with FTD, 3v3 seems too gimmicky; almost like an all star competition event. It's better than shootouts, I guess.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Still gimmicky, but not quite as much. At least the essence of the game - passing, hitting, making plays, team play - is still all there.
    Exactly. The game will be decided on a hockey play.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Will there still be a shootout? Personally I think 3 on 3 is stupid. First team to **** up loses so why not just turtle until the shootout. I think 3 on 3 will just end up being a bunch of 1 on 2 attacks. I think they should do 10 minutes of 4 on 4 and then a shootout.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis