Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Re-signing] Steve Ott

The Great One

Default Re: [Re-signing] Steve Ott

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think the Berglund to the Oilers idea is quite dead.
    yeah, I know. Just grasping. Annoys me that Sobotka's decision had such a negative domino-effect on the Oilers...first, they don't get him, which I know was a long-shot anyway (domino #1), then the Blues sign Ott (domino #2), and Berglund is not likely to be traded now (domino #3).

I'm going to move over to the Oil thread now, but I'm honestly wondering what 2C options are remaining for the Oilers now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    yeah, I know. Just grasping. Annoys me that Sobotka's decision had such a negative domino-effect on the Oilers...first, they don't get him, which I know was a long-shot anyway (domino #1), then the Blues sign Ott (domino #2), and Berglund is not likely to be traded now (domino #3).

I'm going to move over to the Oil thread now, but I'm honestly wondering what 2C options are remaining for the Oilers now.

i think ribeiro and roy are the only legitimate FA #2C available right now. both will need to be overpaid either in $$$ or term if oilers want them. maybe they let draisatl have #2 and then sign someone like koivu/loktionov/handzus as #3?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting signing.
    I would have thought Ott could've got more elsewhere, he must be fond of the STL lockerroom.
    And STL must be fond of him if they really are spending $2.6m per season for a 4th liner!?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Berglund can play wing, though it seems less likely now. You also forgot Lindstrom, who will be given a chance in the top nine. Ott is a fourth liner.
    I don't see Berglund working well playing wing. I also don't see Lindstrom making the team to be honest with you. I think he goes to KHL after training camp. And I do believe Ott has enough skill to play on the 3rd line. But he could switch places with Paajarvi quite easily if Paajarvi shows some signs of life.