Thread: Keeper help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper help

Hey guys, this offseason we added PIMS, FOW, and Saves. This plus a few trades in the nhl have made my keeper decision tougher.

I think the main issue I'm finding is - is it better to keep the better all round played (Brouwer is more useful than sedin although we know who the better player is) or is it better to make sure I have enough of all stats, since it's weekly H2H?

That being said. I need to pick 14 of these players

F - Giroux, D.Sedin, Parise, Brown, Nash, Stepan, E. Staal, Brouwer, Hornqvist

D - P.K, Buff, doughty, gudas, shattenkirk

G - rinne, holtby, Lehner, khudoben

Thanks
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    C - Giroux , Stepan, Backstrom, Fisher, Lethera,
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron
    R - Voracek, Kessel, Hornqvist, Yak, Coyle
    D - Subban, Doughty, Shattenkirk, Buff (RW), Burns (RW), Savard

G - Holtby, Rinne, Darling

12 Team Daily H2H Keeper league with Fantrax
    Roster (14 Kept Players + Prospect for that year - Coyle): 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Categories:
    Skaters -
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLOCK
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Prospects - Grigorenko, Krug, Gibson, Duclair, Carrick, Pirri, S. Bennett, B. Bennett, A. Burakovsky, A. lee, B. Ritchie, Pearson, C. Murphy, Plotnikov, Carrick, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Keeper help

In H2H, I would prefer to be super in specific cats instead being mediocre in all cats. You won't have the resources to fill your entire team with good all round guys but you will have to ability to pick up guys who are special at certain things that others might not go for (blocks, sog, +/-, hits, etc...). You don't have to win every cat, just enough to give you the slight edge for the weekly win.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    In H2H, I would prefer to be super in specific cats instead being mediocre in all cats. You won't have the resources to fill your entire team with good all round guys but you will have to ability to pick up guys who are special at certain things that others might not go for (blocks, sog, +/-, hits, etc...). You don't have to win every cat, just enough to give you the slight edge for the weekly win.
    Thanks, I should be more specific tho...it's H2H where all cats count, not just one win for the week if you win the most cats...

Does that change your suggestion?
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron

Roster (14 Kept Players + Prospect for that year - Coyle): 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Categories:
    Skaters -
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Prospects - Grigorenko, Krug, Gibson, Duclair, Carrick, Pirri, S. Bennett, B. Bennett, A. Burakovsky, A. lee, B. Ritchie, Pearson, C. Murphy, Plotnikov, Carrick, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

If every cat has an associated point value that is cumulative for a combined weekly point total, then yes it would change things. You would need to evaluate which cats give you the most point value and focus on players with those type of cat production. It pretty much changes the entire player evaluation cause guys like Backes could be more valuable than Patrick Kane depending on how the scoring system rates everything.

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Every Category has a single point weighting. At the end of each week you have your matchup as (categories won) - (categories lost) - (cats tied).

Am I crazy for thinking keeping Brouwer over Sedin is something I should do?
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron

Categories:
    Skaters -
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports All-Star

Unless Brouwer provides so much more grinder cats like hits, blks, pim that it actually makes a difference at the team level then I would keep Sedin instead. If you got 13 different cats overall, you wanna have players that are strong in at least 7 of those cats and let the remaining ones be decided by fate. Grinder cats like hits, blks, pim are easy to find on the waivers. Scoring cats like goals, assists, sog might be harder to acquire thus making somone like Sedin harder to replace than Brouwer.

In my league last year, my team had 14 cats and my team was strong in all 4 goalie cats, assists, blks, ppp while I ignored the other cats. Every week I go in expecting that at worst I should tie the other team and possibly win if my remaining cats get lucky that week.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dwestbro View Post
    Hey guys, this offseason we added PIMS, FOW, and Saves. This plus a few trades in the nhl have made my keeper decision tougher.

I think the main issue I'm finding is - is it better to keep the better all round played (Brouwer is more useful than sedin although we know who the better player is) or is it better to make sure I have enough of all stats, since it's weekly H2H?

That being said. I need to pick 14 of these players

F - Giroux, D.Sedin, Parise, Brown, Nash, Stepan, E. Staal, Brouwer, Hornqvist

D - P.K, Buff, doughty, gudas, shattenkirk

G - rinne, holtby, Lehner, khudoben

Thanks

I have similar scoring in my league... I figure you drop Lehner and Khudobin and work on which 2 skaters to drop... things to consider are the vampire slayer's position, Hornqvist BAB status and potential lack of PP time, Nash's underachieving career #s, and if you need both Brown and Brouwer (same player in this scoring set-up)...

And no, you are not crazy in thinking about keeping Brouwer over Sedin... but I am thinking less offense for Brouwer this year, and more for Sedin (can't get much worse)... one thing to highlight is that the Sedins don't hit or PIM much at all. But question is do you need all that much hitting and PIMing when you have Gudas, PK, Doughty and Brown... all STUDS in that regard!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)