W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Strategy for "Daily" Leagues: 2014-2015 NHL Fantasy Season

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If anybody has any other notes, tips, thoughts - feel free to share for the common benefit of mastering your one-year league schedule!
    Happy Pooling!!!
    Great post Pengwin! Here are a couple of other tips and tricks.

For leagues with a large bench draft a mix of common-night and off-night duos. Less conflicts if you draft the right teams/duos. As said before, the RJFisher same night tool is invaluable to avoid conflicts. Or just follow P7's off-night advice.

Stream the IR replacement. Guys get hurt and you might as well use that to your advantage. Plug in a guy or two with favorable matchups, "the hot hand" or has a high density week. You can use the SNT to do that too. Note, doesn't work to well in a max moves league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thumbs up, Pengwin, the ''Same Night Tool" has been my fantasy tool box forever, even pre-RJFisher if my memory serves me correctly (and it may not), I think Reeveta first introduced this tool to the forums. Nonetheless, RJ provides a terrific tool for games management in non-max games and max games leagues, although you might use it slightly differently in each instance. Not only do I use the tool for draft preparation, I use it throughout the season, the dates selection utility, for instance, will help me select an injury replacement for a player who is projected to be out for a certain period of time - I will filter by those dates to see which teams (hence which players) might contribute the most games as a replacement through the projected injury time period.

Having a post like this is a great service to other members of the forums. There has been a long history of forum members helping each other, and your post assures me that tradition is continuing. Keep the analytical stuff coming pal, and by the way, buy a cushion for your butt, because I am preparing another ass-kicking in RHRS . Too bad I am getting so damn old and looking to retirement - love our developing rivalry, my more than worthy opponent.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Damn you Pengwin7, I was supposed to do my own work regarding the schedule today at the office. Now I found out that not only have you done all the work already, but that you've done a much better job than I would have too...does this mean I have to do some *gasp* actual real-life work at the office now? Damn you..

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rrabbit View Post
    Damn you Pengwin7, I was supposed to do my own work regarding the schedule today at the office. Now I found out that not only have you done all the work already, but that you've done a much better job than I would have too...does this mean I have to do some *gasp* actual real-life work at the office now? Damn you..
    It's also all in the Dobber fantasy guide if you happen to purchase it. Things like this that other managers don't account for make all the difference.

Dobber Sports Stud

Excellent Work P7. Such a handy tool for H2H Daily Start Leagues, like the one I'm in. I look forward to trying this out at this year's draft.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Guru

Great stuff P7, as per usual!!

maximizing starts in daily leagues is the easiest way to get a leg up on your competition. My h2h league is 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G and 4 bench. I usually draft one bench spot just as a floater and change that player every week or two to maximize games played. I consistently use the most moves in my league and I always finish top 3. Also, in my setup I find it is easy to dominate Hits and Blks if you keep at least one HIt/Block/PIM Dman on your bench, since there are 4 D slots it is much more likely to have for there to be an opening at D in your starting lineup on any given night thus enabling you to slot in that Dman to fill grit cats. Its stuff like this that makes daily leagues so much fun!

Banned

RJ puts this tool out every year for the forum, just plug in your settings and it does this all for you, it's pretty self explanatory actually and it works great

Very kind of RJ to make this freely available to everyone year after year. Why not visit his thread and give him some love for doing this every year?

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ame-Night-Tool

Dobber Sports Star

Great post P7. I totally agree with getting as many early goalie starts as possible. I use that strategy a lot, especially when you're not working with the best crop of goalies on your squad. It gives you the rest of the week to make adjustments based on those early starts and your opponents stats.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Great as usual, P7. I was casually doing some of this same research myself and had drawn some of the same conclusions, but this is crystal clear and-IMO-is really going to help some people win leagues this year.

I would duke you again but the Rep Nazi has me on cool-down.