Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where does Kucherov slot in this year?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Where does Kucherov slot in this year?

Do you think Kucherov makes the top 6 in Tampa?

Stamkos, Palat, Johnson, Filpulla, Callahan account for 5 of 6 spots.

I don't think Drouin gets in there yet. Killorn and Panik might be more suited to bottom 6 roles. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Where does Kucherov slot in this year?

Ahl probably...

Or, more likely, they roll with 3 scoring lines... Killorn and kucherov and Droiun make 3 more in the top 9... Who am I forgetting....
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Connolly ! will have a real shot to play on the first 2 line before Kucherov in my mind. But we will see it in the middle of the season who win this battle !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheZamboniGuy View Post
    Connolly ! will have a real shot to play on the first 2 line before Kucherov in my mind. But we will see it in the middle of the season who win this battle !
    Connolly will need to get traded if he wants to see significant minutes in the NHL this year, IMO.

Kucherov could certainly see time on one of the two top lines, but I see him slotting into the third line with Killorn, Drouin, Namestinikov and/or Panik.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What a good time to be a TB fan...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unless he blows them away right out of the gate I would think he'll start off with the same 10-12 mins of ice time as last season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I see Kucherov on the 3rd line again just like last year, there's just no room for him in the top 6.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good players make room for themselves on the top lines. It may look jammed right now but I like Kucherov's chances on ending up on one of the top two lines this season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Good players make room for themselves on the top lines. It may look jammed right now but I like Kucherov's chances on ending up on one of the top two lines this season.
    Sounds good on paper, who do you think he has a chance of knocking out of the top 6?

EDIT: Just remembered Purcell isn't with the Lightning any longer, maybe there might be room for Kucherov after all.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Sounds good on paper, who do you think he has a chance of knocking out of the top 6?

EDIT: Just remembered Purcell isn't with the Lightning any longer, maybe there might be room for Kucherov after all.
    Stamkos, Filppula, Callahan and Palat should remain in the top six for the whole year. Who are the others that have a lock for a top six role? Johnson? Drouin? Killorn? Not so clear-cut right now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Stamkos, Filppula, Callahan and Palat should remain in the top six for the whole year. Who are the others that have a lock for a top six role? Johnson? Drouin? Killorn? Not so clear-cut right now.
    Johnson is definitely a lock in the top 6 in my opinion. Which leaves one spot left for either Drouin, Killorn and Kucherov. Most probably Killorn will centre the 3rd line, so Drouin vs Kucherov for that last spot!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Johnson is definitely a lock in the top 6 in my opinion. Which leaves one spot left for either Drouin, Killorn and Kucherov. Most probably Killorn will centre the 3rd line, so Drouin vs Kucherov for that last spot!
    Yeah, I can see that but don't forget also that Palat and Johnson are still very unproven. I can see them sliding out of the top six if their play dips for an extended period of time.

Dobber Sports Genius

Eh I'd have to think Boyle centers that third line, so Killorn/Drouin/Kucherov still fughting for that last top 6 spot.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Veteran

Regardless of who starts the year in the Top Six, I think Drouin is a lock for a spot on at least the second line by year's end. I'd be shocked if his rookie season wasn't similar to MacKinnon's - they may try to bring him along slowly, but I think his talent will get him that spot ahead of Kucherov pretty handily.

For Kucherov to get a spot in the top six, he'll have to bump Johnson or Palat - Drouin will be cemented there by the end of this year.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Pro

Kucherov is solid but he has only 52 games of experience... only 18 pts has a rookie season downst garanty you play on top 2 lines...

He's going to/should be a solid NHL player but it will be more in 15-16 or 16-17 than 14-15.

For this season I dont think there is room for him on 1 two lines has they will put their high draft pick Drouin on 2nd line....

Maybe Drouin do not get the 2nd line spot but I'll be very surprise if its Kucherov..pretty sure it will be a more experience guy..

Of course nobody knows yet but pretty sure Kucherov will not be on top 2 lines for Tampa next season
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.