Thread: Scrivens?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Scrivens?

What do you guys see happening with Scrivens next year? Do you see him beating out fasth? Do you see him getting stuck in a time share?

Curious to get peoples opinions on this.

Thanks,
    Drift

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Scrivens?

Very, very tough call. I actually really like both guys, but Scrivens is probably going to get the first crack at things. I doubt anyone really knows how it will all turn out.

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I like Fasth more, but I think this will start out as a share time setup and it being Scrivens to lose. Problem is, he very easily could.

As doulos said, its really too hard to say right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I see it as his to lose. He was definitely holding the reins at the end of last year and he's got a relationship with Eakins going back to the Marlies that works in his favour. I think that last point it significant as that team went on a great run in to the Calder cup finals with Scrivens manning the net. Eakins has seen him play some great hockey so you know there has to be some belief on his side, otherwise they probably wouldn't have gone out and picked him up.

Dobber Sports Ace

Neither goalie has experience playing as a legitimate NHL starter, with Reimer playing 40 games last season as his career season high and Fasth playing 25 games in his inaugural season in Anaheim. As the posters above mention, the job is probably Scrivens' to lose. I think they will platoon, with the hot hand getting a slight majority of starts.

Dobber Sports Master

I am not sold on either guy, but will predict Scrivens to get slightly more starts (60%) than Fasth. Either guy could be gone by the end of the season if they falter and Edmonton rolls the dice on an unsigned veteran...like Marty Brodeur???

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd point to Scrivens with the upper hand for the sole reason that Dallas Eakins is the coach. They have the history together from the Marlies so I think he may give Scrivens a bit more of a leash than other coaches would allow.

That being said, I think Fasth and Scrivens are quite even in terms of skill, but Fasth also has injury issues working against him.

I think Scrivens beats out Fasth and such, but I wouldn't expect quality numbers whatsoever.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Best case scenarion would honestly be that they both play lights out and steal starts from each other all year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've been looking at Edmonton's goalie situation for a while now, trying to find some value in either Fasth or Scrivens, and the closer I look, the more this seems like a coin flip situation.

I'm staying away from this til things (hopefully) become clearer, maybe by Christmas.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's no guarantee they will be anything but crap as a team again this season as well, so I won't be drafting any Oiler goalies this year either.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you all for your feedback.

I am in an 18 team H2H Dynasty where goalies are pretty hard to come by (start 2). I have the chance of grabbing Scrivens for relatively cheap with just a prospect going the other way (Boucher for example). What do you guys think of that? I currently have Lehtonen, Greiss and then a bunch of guys who aren't even backups yet (M. Subban, Grubuer, Kinkaid, Pickard, etc). I am relatively set on the wings so Boucher wouldn't be a major loss (Kreider, Palat, Jenner, Wheeler, Hornqvist, Gallagher, Cammelleri, Maroon)

18 H2H Dynasty: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SHP/SOG/HTS/BLK
    Goalies: GS/W/SV/GAA/SV%/SO

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I assume you would have to drop someone in order to do that deal - makes it much less appealing, wouldn't it? Or do you have an easy drop? Oh, do you start 2 goalies or one?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Boucher would be traded from my farm and I could just put someone like Gruber from my main squad down there so no additional drops needed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

That seems awfully low risk in that case. I'd go for it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm with the others... Scrivens to lose.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury