Thread: {signing} Cody Almond

Dobber Sports Deity

Default {signing} Cody Almond

Apparently its a 1 way deal.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2014...ck-cody-almond

As Russo has reported, and then confirmed, the Wild will be bringing back Mr. Cody Almond, Fans of the Wild will remember Almond from when the Wild drafted him in the fifth round in 2007. He was predominantly a minor-league player, with his claims to fame being 8 games in 10 nights, and a picture with Charles Barkley and Michael Strahan.

Cody has spent the past 2 seasons in the Swiss A league, playing for Geneve Servette, where over 83 games he has netted 64 points (26-38), along with 131 penalty minutes. While certainly not stellar, this is an improvement for the 25-year-old, who in 2010-11 accumulated 34 points (15-19) in 65 games for the Houston Aeros, along with 124 penalty minutes.

The 6'2'' 217lb. center-winger with a left shot is big, plays physically, and can win board battles, though according to Elite Prospects, doesn't have great hands or speed.

As Russo points out in his article, Almond leaving a 5-year contract in Switzerland likely represents a one-way contract for the Wild. He will likely play on the 4th line. Likely, the Wild consider Almond a better option over Tyler Graovac, who reportedly doesn't have the game needed for the NHL yet.

This also represents somewhat of a question mark- at the bottom of the Wild depth chart, they now have Justin Fontaine (who has filed for arbitration), Jason Zucker, Kyle Brodziak, and now Cody Almond battling for a spot on the roster. This could also be an insurance move by the Wild in case arbitration turns against them with Fonzy, or Zucker becomes the trade-bait we've guessed he could be. Almond's contract is reportedly a one-way, one-year deal for $550,000, which leaves the door open as to where we'll see him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: {signing} Cody Almond

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Apparently its a 1 way deal.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2014...ck-cody-almond

As Russo has reported, and then confirmed, the Wild will be bringing back Mr. Cody Almond, Fans of the Wild will remember Almond from when the Wild drafted him in the fifth round in 2007. He was predominantly a minor-league player, with his claims to fame being 8 games in 10 nights, and a picture with Charles Barkley and Michael Strahan.

Cody has spent the past 2 seasons in the Swiss A league, playing for Geneve Servette, where over 83 games he has netted 64 points (26-38), along with 131 penalty minutes. While certainly not stellar, this is an improvement for the 25-year-old, who in 2010-11 accumulated 34 points (15-19) in 65 games for the Houston Aeros, along with 124 penalty minutes.

The 6'2'' 217lb. center-winger with a left shot is big, plays physically, and can win board battles, though according to Elite Prospects, doesn't have great hands or speed.

As Russo points out in his article, Almond leaving a 5-year contract in Switzerland likely represents a one-way contract for the Wild. He will likely play on the 4th line. Likely, the Wild consider Almond a better option over Tyler Graovac, who reportedly doesn't have the game needed for the NHL yet.

This also represents somewhat of a question mark- at the bottom of the Wild depth chart, they now have Justin Fontaine (who has filed for arbitration), Jason Zucker, Kyle Brodziak, and now Cody Almond battling for a spot on the roster. This could also be an insurance move by the Wild in case arbitration turns against them with Fonzy, or Zucker becomes the trade-bait we've guessed he could be. Almond's contract is reportedly a one-way, one-year deal for $550,000, which leaves the door open as to where we'll see him.
    I wouldn't go nuts over this deal...

I'm sorry, that pun had to be made. (And yes, I know almonds aren't technically nuts...)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

Cody who?

I've honnestly never heard of the guy before this post... but thanks for the heads up and the little background sypnosis
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Wasn't he a member of the musical group, the Almond Brothers?

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
    Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
    And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you'll understand,
    That I was born a ramblin' man.

Oh, that was the Allman Brothers. Sorry!

So who is this guy again?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy