Thread: Sim Hockey Syndicate - Looking for a few GMs for our Inaugural Draft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Sim Hockey Syndicate - Looking for a few GMs for our Inaugural Draft

Sim Hockey Syndicate

Come join 29 others in a unique new fantasy hockey sim league. Using the SimonT Hockey Simulator, we will be drafting 30 NHL teams in an exciting battle of hockey supremacy. We are holding our inaugural draft (full rosters and prospects - 35 players) as soon as we have enough GMs. We need about a half dozen more to fill up.

As the GM, you will draft your team, manage the salary cap, negotiate tricky free agent signings, trade with other GMs, and draft the next great prospects.

As the coach you are responsible for settings your own lines, including how offensively/defensively you want each of those lines to play.

Sim league hockey is a fun mix of hockey knowledge and simulated NHL General Management. The time commitment is generally reasonable, though we do ask that everyone with a team stay active on the message boards, set lines on a regular basis, and generally stay available via email.

One interesting feature of this particular league is that each season GMs will only be allowed to re-sign 3 expiring contracts on their roster. The rest of the expiring contracts will go back into a Free Agent draft, where they will be drafted again in the fall. This should bring about a new level of parity in the league, along with the regular salary cap.

This is a free league, and should be a lot of fun! Come join us at http://simhockeysyndicate.proboards.com/ (You will need to register to join the forums and see the full rulebook)

What is Sim League Hockey?

The league uses the SimonT Hockey Simulator http://sths.simont.info/ to simulate games each day based on player ratings and roster/line settings that have been setup. Player ratings are redone each and every season based on the past season of actual NHL performance of the players. There are various rating sets that use different stats to determine ratings, and some of them use an average of X number of years as well.

Sim Hockey allows GMs to hold onto those third and fourth line checking forwards and defensive defensemen who turn out to be big pieces of championship winning teams.

Personal Note: I am not the Commish of this league, but just a member who is looking forward to getting things rolling. I am in one other Sim League and have been in it for years. In the past we have done draft lottery videos, run a league web magazine, and run International and World Jr tournaments using the software as well. Every season we hand out awards for players and GMs. It’s a unique take on fantasy hockey and I’ve really enjoyed it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Sim Hockey Syndicate - Looking for a few GMs for our Inaugural Draft

*cough*Interested*cough*

So you happen to have a person I could contact about it? Can send that to me in a reply to my PM.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Sim Hockey Syndicate - Looking for a few GMs for our Inaugural Draft

I should be able to answer any questions you have!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looks like there is 1 spot left.