Thread: Horny for Neal (oops - that didn't come out right)

I...am your father.

Default Horny for Neal (oops - that didn't come out right)

LOL I put in the title and was about to start, when I re-read it. So funny I decided to leave it in but add the note in brackets haha

I offered James Neal, 8th overall pick and 11th overall pick

for

Patric Hornqvist, 3rd overall pick, and 20th overall pick

Points only league, deep league in which my rebuild is probably over (team is not the one in my sig). But I have a lot of PIT guys and playoffs count (I have Malkin, Bennett, Dupuis and Letang)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Horny for Neal (oops - that didn't come out right)

Fair trade.
    And best to get it done now.
    I'd prefer the Hornqvist side... as I have minimal faith in Neal putting up points in Nashville (and by that, I think he'll get high 50s... but I think 60pts will be tough for him to hit).

So... yes... umm... if you can get Horny from a (k)Neal... you'll probably come... out... ok.

Dobber Sports Giant

id rank neal and hornqvist very close this year (55p.) so however youd rank those picks is the way to go imo. id rather the 3rd and 20th.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

You get the pick upgrade and the better playoff prospects in Hornqvist. I really like this for you.

Dobber Sports Titan

How many keepers are there? Is 3rd overall going to be a top player, or more of a role player? The big thing for me would be is Hornquist + 3rd overall player going to be better than Neal and 8th overall?

However the fact playoffs count sways heavily into the Penguins side. Mike fischer is the No1 center in Nashville playing with Neal, now that he’s out 4-6 months, Neal may have to play 2 months with Olli Jokinen. I still think Neal is a 30 goal scorer, and will get loads of shots being on the 1st line. However, he’s a 30goal +28 assist guy.

Neal side I would think is the more for sure route, but high risk high reward in Hornquist side. I’m not too keen on eggs all in 1 basket (you have all pitts guys), so I’d prolly stick with Neal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Hornqvist side for me. 3rd pick > 8th pick sways this one for me. I'd expect 60-points for Horny this season, 50 for Neal.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

I have been a big fan of that little ball of hate in Nashville for so long. His sogs are through the roof- basically 250 shot pace per season- the last 4 anyways. On a Trotz coached defense first team- with questionable linemates he has averaged a 50.5 point pace over the last 4 seasons. Imho ANY trade- well any trade where he has decent linemates and a little free space to wiggle offensively- would have been good for a 10ish point boost. Can he get a little luck going and convert more of those montrous sog totals? I guess the advanced stat guys around here would know more in regards to his shooting %- but his 8.275 (again over 4 seasons) feels a little low to me. He has career highs of 10.9 and 11.7 so hes certainly capable of getting a little more puck luck. So in a perfect world he could convert another 5ish goals. Maybe Im reaching but- that to me sounds like a 60-65 point player with upside on basically any decent offensive team. I know Im being an optimist but bear with me.

Now after that- you add the pittsburgh factor???

I understand people are tempering their expectations- its the correct mondset- but that being said I think you're looking at a potential explosion here. I feel like Hornqvist is Kunitz with more skill on better steroids. Im banking on 65-70 (pace anyways- as he generally misses 5-10 games with injury due to his play style) with plenty of upside. Am I crazy? Maybe- but I dont think we've seen this kind of boom potential since well... James neal I guess :P

27, entering his prime, ready to bust out regardless, playing with Geno or Sid, locked up for 4 more years...

YES PLEASE!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How many keepers are there? Is 3rd overall going to be a top player, or more of a role player? The big thing for me would be is Hornquist + 3rd overall player going to be better than Neal and 8th overall?

However the fact playoffs count sways heavily into the Penguins side. Mike fischer is the No1 center in Nashville playing with Neal, now that he’s out 4-6 months, Neal may have to play 2 months with Olli Jokinen. I still think Neal is a 30 goal scorer, and will get loads of shots being on the 1st line. However, he’s a 30goal +28 assist guy.

Neal side I would think is the more for sure route, but high risk high reward in Hornquist side. I’m not too keen on eggs all in 1 basket (you have all pitts guys), so I’d prolly stick with Neal.
    Full keeper, 20 players, 13 teams. There is a midseason draft so many of the good players missed last summer were taken in January, meaning third overall will probably be Draisaitl or Reinhart
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like the "Horny" side
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..