Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Offers on Spezza

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Offers on Spezza

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Eric Staal, easily for me. A great, GREAT buy low here.

Yes... the points aren't there... but E.Staal is still a beast in SOG/PIM... and especially FOW.

There actually are not a LOT of CENTERS that put up 200+ SOG per year.
    Staal is one of the few.

Although he had only 61pts last year... 49 came even-strength/short-handed.
    Staal actually had a dismal PPP year with only 12 PPP.
    If Staal would have had a better PPP year, with say 22 PPP (normal for a PP1 talent), he'd have 71pts and we wouldn't be doubting him.

Eric Staal has only had ONE sub-70pt pace season in his last 9 seasons... last year.
    He's just too good to pass up.
    Yep H2H Staal is better in most of those cats than Spezza. Spezza's upside is limited as long a Seguin is 1C so I almost expect Staal to equal or better Spezza in points and possibly PPP. So a stright up trade of Staal for Spezza I would ok with. If you get Staal+ for Spezza then even better!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think most stats are a wash (SOG, FOW, PTS), but I'd side with Staal all day long...less injured and is his team's #1 center...Spezza will be a #2 in big-D.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A lot of people doubt Spezza because of injury. Spezza is one of few current NHLers to be just over a point per game in his career. I like his opportunity in Dallas, and with FOW I'm holding on to him this season.
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not a big fan of Spezza as he has burned me a few times whenever I have acquired him in my keeper league. Notable when I got Ryan and Spezza at my draft and I felt they were going to be the next amazing duo. But with him in dallas and assuming he'll play with Hemsky, who he had great chemistry with, he might be a nice player to have.

With that said, I like Neal a lot, and I have a feeling he is going to run with being the go to guy in Nashville. However at the moment the hype on Spezza is high while Neal is on the decline. If I were in your position, I would do a trade for Neal, but only if there is additional assets coming back your way. If not well, Spezza is a decent gamble.

Finally, I would stay clear of Staal. His point production has been steady declining with every season, and I suspect it to continue.