Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can I Win By Drafting Only American Players?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Can I Win By Drafting Only American Players?

It's definitely something to try in a one year, no money league. Have some fun and go for it! Peng had it right though, stick with Kane/Kessel early and put off your goalies until rounds 3, 4 or even 5 if there are reasonable options available. One year, I drafted all Edmonton Oilers or ex-Oilers and came in 3rd. The lack of fantasy D is what did me in. I got Coffey (when he was in PIT), but after that, the pickins were slim. It was a blast preparing for the draft and then the actual draft. No one knew until near the end of the draft. Some guys almost caught on with a lot of current Oilers on my team, but they never got the full picture until after the draft when I explained that I included ex-Oilers. Had a blast.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

probably, yes, but you won't be able to guarantee that your opponents won't take the good Americans, especially in the first few rounds. It would be a great experiment to see the results of.

What someone should do, if it hasn't been done already, is create a league where you just draft (and keep) the players from a certain country. It would be interesting to see the results, maybe limited categories, but multi-cat with hits, blocks, takeaways, pims, so that the teams like the Swiss get a chance lol

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    how did i forget Yandle on D?
    And Cam Fowler

Dobber Sports Master

There is absolutely, no way you could win a pool by selecting only American players. No..... way.... Impossible.