Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOG+Hits+Blck+PIM guys

Dobber Sports Monster

Default SOG+Hits+Blck+PIM guys

I'm looking for guys that are valuable in multicat leagues. Guys that will get at least 25 pts but are most valuable for what they bring to you elsewhere. If they're a plus player that's good too.

Who should we all be targeting in the later rounds? I'm thinking of guys like Martin Hanzal, Tommy Wingels, etc.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: SOG+Hits+Blck+PIM guys

Troy Brouwer
    Dustin Brown
    Steve Ott

are a few examples

Dobber Sports Veteran

+1 for Brouwer. I always draft him when possible. Callahan-like stats yet never treated anywhere near as such.

Dobber Sports Monster

I had Brouwer this past year. Sometimes he'd tease you with offense, but he went long stretches without scoring. He's a great guy to own as he gets hits and PIMs like mad. And he ended up with pretty good offensive numbers at the end of the day.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

Hard to find people that do all of these.

Antoine Roussel gets great PIMs, good hits, and 30 pts.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Just a FYI Note... I'd remove SOG from this equation and just look for PIM+HIT+BLK... because there are a lot of cheap defensemen that can provide these stats.
    As soon as you ask for SOG, you are moving into ELITE value multi-cat defensemen like Buff & Shea Weber.

(Forwards don't BLK... not at the rate of defensemen and if you are trying to get BLK lumped in with a forward... it's the wrong strategy)

Forwards: Offensive Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG). Roster one dedicated HIT monster in 9F+ leagues.
    Defensemen: Goon Cats (PIM,HIT,BLK). Because defensemen don't provide the same offense.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

your not really going to find someone to cover all 4 that people don't really know about
    one of the best is really Phaneuf

to cover three of those I would look at the follwoing
    on D
    gudas
    Dillon

forwards
    I would be big on dibinsky, that is if you could get him
    and backs is another great one to go after but good luck

another to look at is Nick Foligno....he put up the exact same hits, as brouwer and had more pims (4) and more blocked shots (4)
    and his brother marcus almost put up the exact same numbers as him

stoll should get about 60 pims 200 hits and 60 blocked shots

and the biggest and best to go after in my opinion is TOM WILSON.....he had just over 150 pims almost 200 hits but only had 13 blocked shots...but this kid is going to see increased time on the ice this year and his shots are going to go up....he can put up some serious points

Dobber Sports Padawan

Minus Shots - Gudas

Minus Blocks - Dubinsky, Simmonds
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks guys, you can put up whatever combo of the stats mentioned in the thread title. If there's a SOG and HIT guy then thats cool, if there a PIM and HIT guy then that's cool as well. Doesn't need to be all 4.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Giant

Miikka Salomaki, who should get some cups of coffee this season, just finished a great multi-cat season in the AHL with Milwaukee. He could be a 40+ point, 100+ PIM guy with decent offensive production. From Dobber's prospects report, "He is severely underrated and could be a good, cheap, source of PIM/hits/points in the NHL a couple of years
    from now."

I'm all over this guy in multi-cat dynasty leagues, or leagues with decent sized farm teams.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Matt Martin is a decent choice. Career high of 14 points, but I still think there's some room for improvement there. He's had stretches in his career of good point production.....I think he can get to 20 or 25 points eventually. Hits are ELITE (obviously), and although the PIMs have dropped 4 years in a row he's still good for roughly 100. And for a "goon" he has good shot totals....130 three years ago, 67 in 48 two years ago, and 120 in 79 last year.

So he's definitely not super exciting or anything. But someone who can help the bottom of your lineup for sure.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Matt Martin is a decent choice. Career high of 14 points, but I still think there's some room for improvement there. He's had stretches in his career of good point production.....I think he can get to 20 or 25 points eventually. Hits are ELITE (obviously), and although the PIMs have dropped 4 years in a row he's still good for roughly 100. And for a "goon" he has good shot totals....130 three years ago, 67 in 48 two years ago, and 120 in 79 last year.

So he's definitely not super exciting or anything. But someone who can help the bottom of your lineup for sure.
    I definitely love Martin as a guy who can lock you down the hits category every single week, and he gets the PIMs too. But the catch he can also single handedly lose you plus minus. If NYI improves then he's definitely a guy I'd look at.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Garbutt is pretty solid except for BKs. 32 points, 165 SOG, 106 PIM, 141 Hits, and 47 blocks, even a +10. Not too shabby.
    Roussel was the first guy who came to mind that would be available "late round" as you asked.

Fisher is also (usually) a good source of BKS from the forward position, he's one of the best in the league for it and is usually underrated enough that he's a late round steal. Close to 150 hits, over 150 SOG, 50+ PIMs and the potential for 50 pts is pretty decent.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Cal Clutterbuck has been forgotten, but he's still one of the top hitters in the league.

He can put up 25+ pts, but in his first year with NYI he posted 19 PTS, 172 SOG, 270 Hits, 14 Blks and 50 PIMs.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gudas is my "hit machine" - but Nick Holden has locked down a spot on Colorado's second PP unit - he almost saw as much PP ice last year as Jake Muzzin, and he is more prolific with Hits and PIMs than Muzzin.

Charlie Coyle's situation is uncertain with the Vanek signing, but he helped out quite a bit with Hits and Shots for me last year.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!