Thread: Coyle for Komarov+

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Coyle for Komarov+

I've been in talks with the Komarov owner in my cap league, as I desperately need to improve in hits. The latest proposition (my suggestion to them) was my Coyle + 2015 4th round <-> Komarov + Boedker + 2016 3rd round. What do you think of this deal, as well as what would you expect over the next two or so years from Coyle?
    10 Team Keep 7: 1C, 1RW, 1LW, 2D, 1G, 1Util
    Roto Scoring with G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, GAA, SVP, Saves, SO
    Projected Keepers are bolded

C - Kopitar, Malkin
    LW - Hall, Hartnell
    RW - Perry, Callahan
    D - Phaneuf, Vatanen, Gudas, Boychuk, Klingberg
    Util - Foligno, B. Schenn
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Holtby, Bernier
    IR - Dubinsky

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Coyle for Komarov+

Who's available on the waiver wire with the most amount of hits from last season? There's got to be free waiver pick up for another useless 4th line guy who hits. Will adding Komarov make any difference for your overall team hits? One player might not be enough to make a difference.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Who's available on the waiver wire with the most amount of hits from last season? There's got to be free waiver pick up for another useless 4th line guy who hits. Will adding Komarov make any difference for your overall team hits? One player might not be enough to make a difference.
    I agree.
    There are always new "HITS" goons coming up through the NHL ranks.
    I wouldn't trade for one.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck are the popular ones who may be rostered, but do a sort and find out who's available. Not worth paying anything for a one-trick pony when that trick is hits.

Dobber Sports Novice

With a 20 team league, I imagine choices would be somewhat limited. Also figure you want Komarov for the SH-TOI (interesting stat by the way) so at least he's not a one trick pony. He should PK a fair bit. His last season he averaged 14 min/game and was enroute to over 340 hits. Given his new salary, you'd figure he'd be utilized more and could challenge Martin at the top of the heap and with more offensive output. Should hit 25 with possibility of 30+. A lot depends on who he lines up with.

Coyle may have a tad more upside maybe 10-15pts than Boedker who's proven and playing 1st line minutes. Both hit at about the same rate. Not crazy to think that Boedker could even up his game more to 60pts+ as he's still young. Coyle was playing mainly with Koivu whereas Boedker with Vermette and both about 17min/game. Who got the short end of the stick there.

Komarov should make up for the perceived point differential and you get the other two cats. The other thing is positional eligibility which is a crapshoot often times depending on who your host is. Komarov should get LW eligibility and Boedker was dual wing last year. Gives you more flexibility in a daily lineup league. Boils down to proven vs potential. This could be a win win trade. You know what they say, if both of you aren't entirely happy about the trade, it was probably fair. Too many GMs try to win every single trade which I think just damages relations.

Dobber Sports Stud

I may be a minority here but I'd take Boedker > Coyle. So in my mind, I'm looking at it as your 4th rd pick for Komarov + his 3rd...