Thread: Fair trade?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fair trade?

Ryan Miller for Brandon Gormley + 5th overall pick + 3rd overall pick
    Is this fair value? Im rebuilding and the other GM is contending and only needs a good goalie

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Fair trade?

How many teams are in this league and are the picks for the 2014 draft?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Prodigy

12 teams and its for the draft class plus any players dropped by teams at the end of the season to meet their max roster amount

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't make the deal. You could probably get more out of him. If you were getting a better prospect than gormley I would consider it. Starters are hard to get in a 12 team league. Make him pay!
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd ask for more. Nothing is a lock with prospects and picks and to give up Miller I'd want something solid included.

Dobber Sports Sage

Maybe I don't view Miller as highly as others but if I am rebuilding, I strongly consider that trade. Gormley is Dobber's #3 dman right now right under Nurse and those draft picks can help you with your rebuild. Is it fair? Definitely. Can you get more? Depends on what others think of Miller. In the West against LA, SJ, ANA, and the rest of the Central- those are some tough matchups. If you don't think your time to contend is 2-3 more seasons, move Miller right now.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm with Daydream a classic rebuild move - stock the larder. Miller is going to get his butt kicked and his value is going to drop. Could you get more? Maybe, but I like what you can stock the shelves with here.

I think it's a classic rebuild trade. I maybe would have went for someone a little further along experience-wise than Gormely, but as far as stocking your cupboards.

This is a dynasty league, correct?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Novice

It's tough to know what a fair deal in a trade like that, both teams are getting something that is more appealing than what they have, so in that sense it's a good deal for both teams. Fairness is probably best judged on the history of similar deals in your particular pool. My advice is this: if you're in a full rebuild then Miller is useless to you, unless you can get a better return, I say take the money and run. 2 of the top 5 picks and a prospect sounds like an overpayment to me and you would be the benificiary.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Maybe I don't view Miller as highly as others but if I am rebuilding, I strongly consider that trade. Gormley is Dobber's #3 dman right now right under Nurse and those draft picks can help you with your rebuild. Is it fair? Definitely. Can you get more? Depends on what others think of Miller. In the West against LA, SJ, ANA, and the rest of the Central- those are some tough matchups. If you don't think your time to contend is 2-3 more seasons, move Miller right now.
    I think the nation nailed it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Now might be the time to deal Miller before he loses some of his shine, if you are rebuilding then those are some nice pieces to build with

Dobber Sports Wizard

I guess it depends how difficult it is for you to get a #2 goalie, you have Rinne and Ramo.

Rinne is great, but then you're stuck for a decent number two....I can see why this deal makes sense though and those are great picks for a rebuild.

As for Gormley.........meh.........the picks will be better value in the end IMO.