Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MacKinnon keeper value?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default MacKinnon keeper value?

I was offered a deal today for MacKinnon, normally I just immediately decline, but this one had Stamkos involved. What do you guys think of my E Staal Sam Bennett and Nate Mack for his Stamkos and Tarasenko? Am I off my rocker for even thinking about this?
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: MacKinnon keeper value?

Personally I would take that deal, having Crosby and Stamkos what's not to like?

I...am your father.

I wouldn't, but I can see the temptation. And I can see that I would be in the minority. I really think that Stamkos is slipping to low-80s this year and going forward. I think MacKinnon tops 70.

Look at it like this - I think Bennett and Tarasenko are equal. So would you give up MacKinnon and Staal for Stamkos? I can see some doing that, most doing it, actually. But I would not. He's making the offer so make him come back with something better, or walk away.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I wouldn't, but I can see the temptation. And I can see that I would be in the minority. I really think that Stamkos is slipping to low-80s this year and going forward. I think MacKinnon tops 70.

Look at it like this - I think Bennett and Tarasenko are equal. So would you give up MacKinnon and Staal for Stamkos? I can see some doing that, most doing it, actually. But I would not. He's making the offer so make him come back with something better, or walk away.
    Huge help thanks so much!

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Veteran

This all comes down to how you view stammer and MacKinnon, and it's anyone's guess. Personally, I'd take the deal and get stamkos as I think he will push 90pts while I could see MacKinnon taking a step back for a year as he faces tougher competition.

Dobber Sports Monster

Yeah, keep MacKinnon, you don't want that bum that scored 95 points as a 19 year old.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Yeah, keep MacKinnon, you don't want that bum that scored 95 points as a 19 year old.
    Perhaps some sarcasm?

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you'd be a fool not to take this deal

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Oh man, tough call here. I, like Dobber, think you need more but without knowing the other guy's team, it's hard to say what that may be. An upgrade at wing or D would likely push it over the top for me. More a matter of trying to milk the deal for more than flat out rejecting it - I think I would be content to keep what you have if you can't get more.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd take the deal. If you can milk a little more out of him, try but don't lose out on Stamkos.

Dobber Sports Stud

Well guys it's still sitting on my league page all I have to do is hit accept! I'm still torn but he did add V Zykov? Whatever that's worth.

The deal is ....

MacKinnon, E Staal, S Bennett

For

Stamkos, Tarasenko, Zykov.....

I'm leaning to the Stamkos side, but Dobber has me concerned. I will say having Crosby, Backstrom and Stamkos is just an insane thought. Also a point that sticks in my mind is this will be final year where MacK has RW eligability. So gaining Tarasenko would be nice. Also unfortunately my Blue blood is pulling in to Tarasenko again! Am I dumb for talking myself into this deal just now!

(G) Ward, Lack

I think I would keep the Mackinnon side personally but its damn close

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I logged in just so I could post a reply to this. I would definitely take the trade and nab Stamkos. Call it distrust, but I like a bit of data history. Possibility of Stamkos hitting 90+ points for the next three years based on his point history? At least 80%. Almost seems inevitable, just looking at the numbers.

MacK has only one year of data, and it wasn't even at a PPG pace (yes he did have a nice second half), will get tougher matchups with Stastny (their defensive center cushion) gone, could have generic sophomore regression, etc. Not to mention his baseline is not 90 points and it's only conjecture to say it might be.

Give me the player I know will hit 90 any day of the week. And the other pieces are equal enough to be trivial, I don't think Staal and Bennet is giving up too much additional with Tara coming back.

My answer might be different if you were rebuilding, but you have a sick lineup, that can be all the sicker.

PULL THE TRIGGER NOW, FOR THE LOVE!!!
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Gretzky got more than that. Are we talking history lessons here, or looking at the future?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Gretzky got more than that. Are we talking history lessons here, or looking at the future?
    Stamkos got 95, in 09-10, when he was 19 for part of the year. I think that was said with a great deal of sarcasm. Who would want that bum?
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne