Thread: Palat points? And will be on stamkos line?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Palat points? And will be on stamkos line?

I am interested to see what u guys think Palat can do in terms of points? Also where will he line up in the new look bolts. Will be be in the top 6? Play with stamkos? My pool counts g,a+\-,ppg,pp,shp,blocks he's a top skater so I am looking at adding him

Thanks
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Palat points? And will be on stamkos line?

I'd say theres a strong chance he stays with Stamkos on the top line. I see 55-65 points out of Palat all going well, maybe a bit more.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Absolute lock for top 6 and very likely top line with Stammer and Johnson.

Full confidence from the coaching staff and really emerging. Definitely someone to target IMO - I landed him this offseason and am pretty stoked to see what he can do with a full year with Stamkos. 70 points within reach if he sticks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are you trying to see if you should add Palat over certain other players??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Nothing is an absolute lock. My advise is not to draft or trade for players based primarily on potential line mates. Throughout the year, lines are always swapping around. I do think that Palat will have a top 6 role in TB and no matter who he plays with, there is a bit of talent there. He scored 60 last year after only playing 14 games the year before. It is possible that he will suffer a sophomore slump, but I would guarantee it. Its a tough call as players that are just coming into the league are largely inconsistent. He's 23 so maybe it wont be as much of a problem for him.

He will have a lot of competition, but that also means he will play with talent. I think I would pencil him in for 55-65 points for next year, regardless of who he plays with.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Nothing is an absolute lock. My advise is not to draft or trade for players based primarily on potential line mates. Throughout the year, lines are always swapping around. I do think that Palat will have a top 6 role in TB and no matter who he plays with, there is a bit of talent there. He scored 60 last year after only playing 14 games the year before. It is possible that he will suffer a sophomore slump, but I would guarantee it. Its a tough call as players that are just coming into the league are largely inconsistent. He's 23 so maybe it wont be as much of a problem for him.

He will have a lot of competition, but that also means he will play with talent. I think I would pencil him in for 55-65 points for next year, regardless of who he plays with.
    Well said! I also find that talent will sometimes get spread out in even strength like Chicago sometimes does. You don't always see Toews and Kane playing together even strength as much as we all think they SHOULD be playing together. Coaches will often re-tool their lines depending on team needs, injuries, which can sometimes translate to certain players developing an unprecedented/unexpected chemistry, at which point, if a player like Kane were to return from injury, for example, to avoid disrupting a line's chemistry, he may see ice time with other unlikely team-mates.

Sorry, for the long-winded response.

In short, it's kinda difficult to predict these things, and we're all just rolling the dice. How's THAT for an answer??!? LOL

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

I think this is spot on!

Dobber Sports Pro

He will peak at 70pts but closer to the range of 60pts in a full year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

He scored 59 in his first season and you think he will peak closer to 60 points in a full year??

Something just doesn't seem right with that..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..