Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Karlsson

I think Karlsson's production will be fine, he's the offensive catalyst of that team night in and night out. Obviously missing Spezza hurts the team as a whole, but I don't expect Karlsson's points to drop at all. Maybe he'll start chucking even more pucks on net and top 300 SOG!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Karlsson will rake if healthy.....Spezza was a face off beast so a team that already has problems controlling possession will now get worse. For those still thinking Lehner is some kind of asset in Goal you may want to ditch that fantasy before he becomes the next markstrom.....just my 2 cents
    Spezza was also a two way dud.

lehners always been better than markstrom. The best goalies thrive while facing any number of shots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Oh the Senators are going to be AWFUL; that's pretty likely.

I still see Karlsson as a Yandle in Phoenix/Campbell in Florida/Streit in NYI - a great stud that can produce despite the hot garbage around him.
    Comparing the Sens to a Florida is hot garbage.

The team is going to ale the playoffs with karlsson wearing the C

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The team is going to ale the playoffs with karlsson wearing the C
    You think the Sens pile that type of pressure on the kid this early on? It would be a huge mistake IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't see Karlsson with the C anytime soon. fungchen nailed it. But they better do something soon or risk losing Ryan...then what. ESH! Wouldn't mind Karlsson on nearly any other team though. But regardless...Karlsson will continue to thrive wherever and with whomever he's surrounded with. +\- I don't see improving any time soon though.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I don't see Karlsson with the C anytime soon. fungchen nailed it. But they better do something soon or risk losing Ryan...then what. ESH! Wouldn't mind Karlsson on nearly any other team though. But regardless...Karlsson will continue to thrive wherever and with whomever he's surrounded with. +\- I don't see improving any time soon though.
    IMO Ryan is a goner. Unless the Sens are willing to overpay by A LOT (in both dollars and term) there's no way his agent advises him to re-up before he hits the market next summer. There will be too many suitors, hometown Philly included, that will want a piece of that action. I think the Sens will end up dealing him before the deadline for a decent package instead of losing him for nothing. The problem the Sens face is that they'll be selling him as a rental and won't get top dollar in return - I'm thinking a nice prospect and pick (i.e., Scott Laughton and a 2nd rounder type of return).
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    IMO Ryan is a goner. Unless the Sens are willing to overpay by A LOT (in both dollars and term) there's no way his agent advises him to re-up before he hits the market next summer. There will be too many suitors, hometown Philly included, that will want a piece of that action. I think the Sens will end up dealing him before the deadline for a decent package instead of losing him for nothing. The problem the Sens face is that they'll be selling him as a rental and won't get top dollar in return - I'm thinking a nice prospect and pick (i.e., Scott Laughton and a 2nd rounder type of return).
    Ryan is re-signing. He's working on a deal in ottawa right now. The Philly stuff is never gonna happen, he would never sign there as it's way too much attention and pressure. He doesn't like that.

- - - Updated - - -

You think the Sens pile that type of pressure on the kid this early on? It would be a huge mistake IMO.
    He can handle it.

Banned

With spezza off the team, karlssons plus minus improves dramatically

Dobber Sports Titan

Karlsson would benefit to wearing an A, and Phillips with a C till he retires in like 2 yrs, then move Karlsson to a captain. I can’t say how he is as a leader, but in the past taking someone that had 0 “responsibility” and making him have all the “responsibility” to motivate the team could be harmful for a team. But again, I don’t know how he is in the locker room or on the bench when the team is down.

His +/- will improve, he was a -15 or something this yr, but was a +10 his last full season. No way I see his +/- stay in the double digit minuses. Depending how the team does on the PP I think sways him from a -1 to a +8 (less goals on the PP, more on even strength). If someone would look up his +/- from the first half compared to the second half of the yr I bet the 2nd half is a LOT better. Remember guys, he even said he wasn’t 100% until like February or March. He was much slower, and less explosive at the beginning of the yr

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Karlsson is by far Ottawa's best offensive player but I don't think that necessarily translates into him being the captain. At least not right away. I really like Phillips wearing the C with Karlsson rocking the A for now. I always thought Phillips should have taken over from Alfie and never felt comfortable with Spezza as captain. I think they should let Karlsson do his thing and lead offensively on the ice and let Phillips take the pressure off.

On a side note, there has been some mention of Ceci being the 8th dman on the team and that he might be playing in the AHL next year. I think with Spezza out of the picture there will be a lot more focus on Karlsson, as has been mentioned, and that Ceci could spend time on the top PP unit with Karlsson feeding him pucks for his bomb of a shot. As a Ceci owner, fingers crossed.

Banned

I'd be fine with either scenario but all sings point to Karlsson getting the C.

The gameplan of teams won't change. He was always the number one focus. And it doesn't matter, because he is better than everybody in the game for the most part.

Banned

Yep, I agree, all signs point to yes, weirder things have happened but I would be very surprised if he re-signed with Ottawa. He wants to play for a winner and the Sens have made no effort to improve the team, if anything they're just making it worse. Plus he's done nothing to lay down roots in Ottawa, doesn't own a home, etc. He has no intention of staying. The Philly rumors make some sense since he's been a lifelong Flyers fan but what would they send back in return. Personally I don't think Ryan is all that great so it's possible the Sens could get a better player in return for him and Philly is known far and wide for making stupid deals so they could come out of this on the winning end for once

Banned

I don't think Karlsson gets the C though not that he doesn't deserve it. I think they give it to a veteran, either Phillips or Neil
    karlsson will where it eventually, no need to rush

Dobber Sports Wizard

plenty of other young guys have gotten the C before i don't understand what makes Karlsson less worthy than those players

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    plenty of other young guys have gotten the C before i don't understand what makes Karlsson less worthy than those players
    read much? LOL

I said:

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    I don't think Karlsson gets the C though not that he doesn't deserve it. I think they give it to a veteran, either Phillips or Neil
    karlsson will where it eventually, no need to rush
    It's got nothing to do with not being deserving or worthy of it, it has everything to do with honoring team vets who've been part of the franchise their entire careers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    read much? LOL

I said:

It's got nothing to do with not being deserving or worthy of it, it has everything to do with honoring team vets who've been part of the franchise their entire careers
    perhaps you should learn to read, if my post was a direct response to your posting i would have quoted you

my post was a general post directed at those who are intimating or saying that he is too young to handle the pressure of being made captain

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max