Thread: How do these Signings affect my Keepers at Utility and D?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default How do these Signings affect my Keepers at Utility and D?

So... I'm forced to revisit a couple keeper situations following yesterday's scramble of signings. Cats shown in Sig below.

My C, LW and RW are all still static I believe with
    C - Tavares, Getz
    L - Hall, JVR
    R - Perry, Eberle
    and my Goalies with
    G - Bobrovsky and Crawford

But I am forced to reconsider my 2 Utility Spots.
    U - 1 is Kunitz for sure this year. But who of the following best suits my 2nd utility spot?

- Kuznetsov (Not so sure about his immediate factor for me as I'm going for it following a 2nd place finish this year)
    - Pommenville (less sexy, but with the Vanek reunitement... may actually post better fantasy value than Kuz this up coming year and maybe for a few afterwards)
    or...go off the board and roll the dice with a 3rd tender (no longer Lack with the Miller signing) but perhaps Neuvirth...although... Buffalo is still Buffalo.

And D... While my top 2 are definitely set with Karlsson and OEL and I believe I'm committed to watching Rielly develop on my tem which leaves 1 keeper spot to be taken by......?
    - I expected Carlson (however, suddenly it's kinda crowded on the Cap's Blue Line and Carlson's major bump last year was his elevated PPP's...which may take a hit this year)
    - Ehrhoff (oops...look what I found...a likely top 2 sparing in Pitsburgh...who will challenge for a PP QB...never know with the new surroundings...but he's now in a contract year again)
    - Bieksa (with Garsion gone... 30pts and 100+Pim's are within reach?... I suspect he doesn't hold the value of a Ehrhoff or Carlson)
    - Gudas (still not sure the other 11 GM's in my league recognize this guys value as he was on my roster all last year...but perhaps an easier grab in the draft?)

I suppose it's a nice problem to have...but as usual, I'm turning to the community for guidance. Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: How do these Signings affect my Keepers at Utility and D?

Would protect Ehrhoff and try and redraft Gudas.
    Going for it I would keep Pommeville as he is more proven.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yup... My thoughts aswell. Thanks for the support.

Dobber Sports Titan

1st line PP for pitts will prolly be Kunitz – Crosby – Malkin Letang – Enhroff. Unless they keep maklin on the point and have Bennett on the wing. If that happens, Enhroff stock just plummeted. 30s of pp time for every 2 minutes, plus playing with a lack luster 2nd line PP.

Keep Kuz I’d say. I feel like he will be either 2nd line center, or center Ovi with Backstrom on the 2nd line, or even better he’ll play with Ovi and Backstrom.

I would say keep the player with the most weight to his name (Carlson) because the other guys will be easier to redraft