Thread: Wiggins goes #1 in NBA Draft

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Wiggins goes #1 in NBA Draft

https://twitter.com/Scott9920/status/482308293147496448

Make it two years in a row for Canada to have the #1 pick in the NBA congrats to Andrew Wiggins being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Wiggins goes #1 in NBA Draft

Heard the rumours already that Lebron is going to come back to Cleveland so that he can play with Wiggins, and win, not one, not two, not three...you get the message. Wouldn't the Cavaliers' fans love that.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Heard the rumours already that Lebron is going to come back to Cleveland so that he can play with Wiggins, and win, not one, not two, not three...you get the message. Wouldn't the Cavaliers' fans love that.
    Wow, two straight, impressive.

A bit surprised Wiggins held on and went first overall this year, his stock seemed to drop as the season went on. Anyways, good for him and Canada. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

so there's another canadian named "tyler ennis" that just got drafted. i can see the resemblance.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    so there's another canadian named "tyler ennis" that just got drafted. i can see the resemblance.

Hilarious I rep you
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Nik Stauskas from Missisauga, ON was also selected tonight, 8th overall. Good sign of things to come from Canadian basketball.

Banned

I'm pumped about Caboclo. Masai turns everything into gold.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I'm pumped about Caboclo. Masai turns everything into gold.
    I dont follow basketball much, but for whatever reason I watch their draft. I would love to know how many drafts I have watched when the Toronto pick comes in and the announces all go "whoa, right from left field", or "didn't see that coming". Why do the Raptors always feel the need to select dark horse players instead of taking players who many of the "experts" seem to think are more of a sure thing? I used to think it was just Bryan Colangelo's way of doing things but in comes Masai and doesn't he do the exact same thing.

I dont scout basketball player, I rarely watch college basketball (except for March Madness) so I really don't a sure thing from a dark horse when it comes to kids coming into the NBA, but this is hardly the first time the so-called "experts" shake their head at a Raptors pick. I just don't understand their reasoning for always seeming to reach for the gold instead of picking up the pieces that are right in front of them.

Just my two cents on the pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

ESPN actually had a couple good pieces yesterday about Canadians & their rising basketball talent.
    Be pretty cool if CAN could medal in the Olympics in maybe 6 years.

I remember when Canada's best player was Bill Wennington...
    Good gawd.

Bart Simpson could have made most of these Canadian Basketball Teams...

Dobber Sports Genius

Wiggins, best player in the draft, worst suit in the draft. Wiggy, Don Cherry called......
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont follow basketball much, but for whatever reason I watch their draft. I would love to know how many drafts I have watched when the Toronto pick comes in and the announces all go "whoa, right from left field", or "didn't see that coming". Why do the Raptors always feel the need to select dark horse players instead of taking players who many of the "experts" seem to think are more of a sure thing? I used to think it was just Bryan Colangelo's way of doing things but in comes Masai and doesn't he do the exact same thing.

I dont scout basketball player, I rarely watch college basketball (except for March Madness) so I really don't a sure thing from a dark horse when it comes to kids coming into the NBA, but this is hardly the first time the so-called "experts" shake their head at a Raptors pick. I just don't understand their reasoning for always seeming to reach for the gold instead of picking up the pieces that are right in front of them.

Just my two cents on the pick.
    **** the experts. That Bill Simmons guy especially. If they believe he has higher upside, then **** em.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

he better not be araujo 2.0