Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Ho-Sang- confidence or arrogance?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Joshua Ho-Sang- confidence or arrogance?

Steve Simmons interview with the controversial Ho-Sang-

From the article- "According to sources, numerous NHL teams have Ho-Sang on their Do Not Draft List."

Said Ho-Sang, in a lengthy interview: “If I was a general manager and had first pick in the draft, I’d pick me No. 1 ... In three years, I’ll be the best player in this draft. And I have no doubt about that. I know myself. I know the other players. I believe in my ability. There are guys ranked ahead of me who are nowhere near me.

“Any team should want me,” he said.

“And I know, it would not hurt a team to have one of their best players being black and have an Asian last name. That wouldn’t hurt marketability or jersey selling one bit. Just from the standpoint of making money, I feel I’d be a pretty big ticket. A lot of my goals are close to highlight-reel goals. I play an exciting game.

“If a team picks me, gives me a contract and says you’re not allowed to be late once (he was late twice this season and missed a game for disciplinary reasons) or you’re not allowed to be this or that, I would follow every single rule. I love hockey more than anything in the world. I live, eat, sleep hockey. It’s my passion.

“If you’re going to pay me to do something I love, I’m going to go out there and produce for you so you’re going to have to pay me more.”

So now the questions: Who and when? What team? What round? How early? How late? It’s either gamble or sure thing, risk or reward.

Who in the end will step up and start a new beginning for Joshua Ho-Sang?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

Default Re: Joshua Ho-Sang- confidence or arrogance?

Not helping his cause

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The quips directed at Crosby, Toews and Datsyuk are pretty foolish. Kid needs to learn some humility ASAP.

Yakupov was yapping like that before he was drafted ...
    12 teams keeper league (keep 6 + 1 rookie) H2H points only

Rookie = less than 23 years old and never reached 60pts for a forward / 40 pts for a D

Start : C RW LW S D D G
    Points are : A/G = 1 pt W = 2 pts SO = 1pt

C - Seguin Giroux Stepan
    LW - Huberdeau (R) Parise Tlusty
    RW - Eberle Hornqwist Hemsky Scheifele
    D - Schultz Gardiner Goligoski Brodie Sekera Zidlicky
    G - Fleury Crawford Raanta Greiss

Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

Dobber Sports All-Star

He already sounds like locker room poison. I'm awesome so hurry up and over pay me and don't forget to kiss my ass as well.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Robz View Post
    That's the comparison I thought of...I'll play my game the way I want and you better like it. Has worked well for Yakupov hasn't it
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Ace

I didn't mind it too much. The arrogance of youth, if you will.

Unfortunately, it's going to cost Ho-Sang opportunities and cash. But he's too young to realize that.

But the sure thing - if he gets taken late-ish and then becomes a stud..that team is going to pretend they wanted him all along.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Robz View Post
    Really? You may be right, but I don't recall the same level of arrogance as this kid. Have anything to back up what you're saying?

Dobber Sports Ace

People see what they want to see. Ho-Sang has this tag of "overconfident" and it's going to stick as a bad thing. Which is totally wrong IMO.

Look at some of the quotes in the very same article.

“I’m not concerned about the draft (and where I’m picked). I know what’s being said out there. I know people’s skepticism. I’m prepared for that.”
    “With all this going on, the only place I can win this argument is on the ice.”
    “If a team picks me, gives me a contract and says you’re not allowed to be late once (he was late twice this season and missed a game for disciplinary reasons) or you’re not allowed to be this or that, I would follow every single rule. I love hockey more than anything in the world. I live, eat, sleep hockey. It’s my passion.
    Those show a lot of maturity in the kid. Saying he'll work for it, do what team's want. Play to the best of his ability. Yet people read only the comments that are confident ones.

Hell, Alex Wennberg when asked about what pick the Blue Jackets so take him with if they were to choose him, said the 14th overall pick, the highest one. That's seen as confidence and not cockiness.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...045006217.html

Good article on him, and in particular, the phenomena of conformity in the NHL.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Banned

it's not overconfident, it's being an *******. He's had problems at every level of hockey. He also played the race card which is pure BS and an easy way out.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've heard many of the teams that did interview him saw lots of red flags. It's one thing to be confident but it's also a team game and cohesion in the dressing room is important. Listen to what the winning teams say- team before self.

Maybe he'll realize this at some point but who knows. I doubt he will be taken in the first round.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Questioning the passion of sure-fire Hall of Famers like Crosby, Toews and Datsyuk? They might not be as flamboyantly "emotional" as some other players, but you don't call out guys like this.

And yah, the race card? So teams should consider him because he's of mixed descent? PASS.

Dobber Sports Ninja

He didn't question their passion, he just brought up the point that they are basically trained to be media robots, which is 100% true.

“I’m emotional,” he said. “I’m more emotional than most people. That poses a problem for the hockey world. A lot of players are trained to hold their emotions. Look at Sidney Crosby, how much emotion do you see? Pavel Datsyuk, the same. Jonathan Toews, the same. All stone-faced. P.K. gets into trouble. Kane gets in trouble. The guys with more personality play with something more."

Seems a bit to me like he questions it just because it isn't clear on their faces. In any event, their accomplishments speak for themselves.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    Questioning the passion of sure-fire Hall of Famers like Crosby, Toews and Datsyuk? They might not be as flamboyantly "emotional" as some other players, but you don't call out guys like this.

And yah, the race card? So teams should consider him because he's of mixed descent? PASS.

Not a huge fan of this kid, but what he did say about

"And I know, it would not hurt a team to have one of their best players being black and have an Asian last name. That wouldn’t hurt marketability or jersey selling one bit. Just from the standpoint of making money, I feel I’d be a pretty big ticket."

Isn't all that UNTRUE. Infact, he makes a VERY good point. However, for a team to pick him just because of his potential marketability screams TEBOW all over it.

And how'd that work out?

(willing to guess Tebo's name sold more in product sales then he ever made in salary)