Thread: Possible offer sheet to Subban?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Possible offer sheet to Subban?

When are teams allowed to make offer sheet? Is Subban a target for some teams as Weber was for Philly?

Agent Don Meehan will reportedly meet with Montreal GM Marc Bergevin at the draft this weekend to discuss a new contract with P.K. Subban.

He had a salary cap hit of $2.875 over the past two seasons, but his next contract will be significantly higher. Subban is a restricted free agent and his new deal is at the top of the Canadiens' off-season to-do list.

Source: Montreal Gazette
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Possible offer sheet to Subban?

Don't see any team taking a shot.

I...am your father.

July 1st they can do this, but you usually don't see this until August, as teams work on the UFA's first. The Weber/Philly thing makes me believe that an offer sheet could happen. Montreal would just match whatever it is though.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    July 1st they can do this, but you usually don't see this until August, as teams work on the UFA's first. The Weber/Philly thing makes me believe that an offer sheet could happen. Montreal would just match whatever it is though.
    Right, but a 10-11M/year would be higher than they really want to pay for him....and it would puzzled the rest of the moves for the salary cap in MTL.....

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Right, but a 10-11M/year would be higher than they really want to pay for him....and it would puzzled the rest of the moves for the salary cap in MTL.....
    Anyone who offers more than 10M/year should not pass go and should not collect $200.

Dobber Sports Master

I love the RFA offer sheet shenanigans that occasionally go on. I still remember the Oilers vs. Ducks feud awhile back over Dustin Penner. Great fun.

I said before, if I was a GM with lots of cap space I would throw an offer to Subban asap. For every blunder he makes, he scores three points...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Montréal Canadiens could be Garth Snowed on this one......

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I love the RFA offer sheet shenanigans that occasionally go on. I still remember the Oilers vs. Ducks feud awhile back over Dustin Penner. Great fun.

I said before, if I was a GM with lots of cap space I would throw an offer to Subban asap. For every blunder he makes, he scores three points...
    PK had 53 points this year(career high) and was a -4. So your three points per blunder is false... As a D man, thats not good. Sorry but to throw that kind of money at a defensive liability is not good business. As a defensemen, in my opinion he's worth 5-7mil. because we all know he will get better. His ego on the other hand is whats worth the 8-10.
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Weber's offer sheet was around July 23rd.

Teams do like to deal with UFAs first.
    There's a big risk with tendering an RFA and tying up money... or not... it's too iffy a situation when there are "sign them, get them" UFAs.

The first 2-3 days of July are the big UFA days.

Soonest anybody would make an RFA offer, IMO, would be about July 4th/5th.
    But I'd say more likely it would be mid-to-late July.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I think Weber's offer sheet was around July 23rd.

Teams do like to deal with UFAs first.
    There's a big risk with tendering an RFA and tying up money... or not... it's too iffy a situation when there are "sign them, get them" UFAs.

The first 2-3 days of July are the big UFA days.

Soonest anybody would make an RFA offer, IMO, would be about July 4th/5th.
    But I'd say more likely it would be mid-to-late July.
    not only is it a matter of dealing with UFAs first but you allow the team you are going after to spend some of their cap as well making it more difficult for them to match in theory

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    not only is it a matter of dealing with UFAs first but you allow the team you are going after to spend some of their cap as well making it more difficult for them to match in theory
    Very wise, solid business sense there.