Thread: Larsson vs. Merrill

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Larsson vs. Merrill

Both on NJ prospects base...

Which one will develop into the best d-man?
    Keeper league - 26 teams (90% salary cap league)

Kaprizov - Kuznetsov - Huberdeau
    Zacha - Stephenson - Bratt
    Zucker - Frost - Eberle
    Johnston - Blueger - Yamamoto

Hughes - Spurgeon
    Lindell - Orlov
    Barrie - Grzelyck

Sorokin
    Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Larsson vs. Merrill

Larsson for me. They won't give up on a top five pick without giving him every possible chance.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Larsson for me. They won't give up on a top five pick without giving him every possible chance.
    This^^^^........+1 for Larsson....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

I...am your father.

I think Larsson as well. More risk though, and Merril's 38th overall draft spot is nothing to sneeze at. But I still think Larsson
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I prefer Merrill. Larsson has been mishandled and they have really botched his progression. He has a lot of work to do to become a quality NHL Dman and now, with no waiver rights left they have no choice but to force him into the NHL.

Merrill, coming out of college is a bit older and more mature and has already shown that he is NHL ready. I think the Devils allow him to grow in the NHL and increase his role this year and try and figure out how to bring Larsson along to get him back on track.

I definitely think Larsson has the skillset to become the better Dman (and even if he gets it together I think he is marginally better then Merrill) but not enough for me to take the chance on him "eventually" turning it around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."