Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding mode : trade advices

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rebuilding mode : trade advices

Guys, I've decided to make one simple thread for your advices.

The reason why I want to rebuild with a stacked team like this? Well...I've won Stanley Cup once since 5-6 seasons with this team (STHS V1). I've finished 5th last season in my conference.

I just need to keep interest in my league so I'm trying to trade some good assets for younger assets which I will develop.

Here are the offers I have :

A) Give : Lundqvist - Mike Green
    Get : Lehner - Halak - Brodin - Joe Morrow

B) Give : Crosby
    Get : E. Kane - Petan - Despres

C) Give : Stamkos
    Get : Seguin - Dumba - K. Russell - 1st round pick (7th pick - odd number)

D) Give : Crosby - Wizniewski
    Get : Ovechkin - Krug - Marchand - 1st round pick 2015

E) Give : Stamkos
    Get : Seguin - Mantha - 1st round pick (7th overall - odd number)

EDIT :

F) Give : Markov
    Get : Koekkoek - 1st pick 2014 (10th overall - odd number...so at worst 19th overall)

G) GIve : Vanek
    Get : Henrique - Markus Granlund - 1st pick 2014 (don't know the rank yet...even number)

That's it for the moment...I'll keep udpated.

Why I need your help? Because yes I want to rebuild, but I don't want to make fool trades...you are like my ''rational'' side of trading.
    Keeper league - 26 teams (90% salary cap league)

Kaprizov - Kuznetsov - Huberdeau
    Zacha - Stephenson - Bratt
    Zucker - Frost - Eberle
    Johnston - Blueger - Yamamoto

Hughes - Spurgeon
    Lindell - Orlov
    Barrie - Grzelyck

Sorokin
    Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Rebuilding mode : trade advices

im not a big fan of any of them but the first two are very bad imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The only trade I remotely like is E)... give Stamkos, get Seguin/Mantha/#7 overall.

But really, this is a strong, strong team in a 26-team league.
    Top three team every year.
    Makes me think there might be something wrong with your strategy as a GM, because your team is clearly strong enough.
    You've got perhaps 4 wingers & 2 defensemen that look weak to me... the rest of the team is excellent.
    I wouldn't be making trades to change up this team.
    Can't say I advocate your feeling to rebuild.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

First things first, 'Welcome to the dobberhockey boards'.. I wouldn't recommend making any of these deals..

Don't ever trade Crosby or Stamkos.. I would also keep Lundqvist for the time being..

Ok I'm sorry but I need to be completely honest now............ You said your team is "stacked?? I dont see it right now to be honest.. You have Crosby, Stamkos, Thornton, Letang, and Lundqvist.. You have only one the cup once in the past 5/6 years?? And you have trouble keeping interest?? Personally, I would think trying to make your team a winner again would be enough to keep the interest going..

The only thing you have going, is that this is a 26 team league.. Owning Crosby, Stamkos, Joe Thornton, and Lundqvist in a 26 team league is huge.. You need to address every position on your team.. Your "others" lists are bare, except for Teravainen and Morrisey.. Stempniak? Sobotka? Kulemin? Fistric? Braun?

You definitely need to make trades. But if you start with trading your top players, you will never win..

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I am just being brutally honest here.. I think you have a great team for a 26 team league. I don't think you are STACKED by any means, but you have a great start towards winning more championships.. I would recommend you asking alot more questions on the boards here and getting more advice going forward..

Goodluck to you oli88
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't rebuild a team like that but if you think you can't win next season, you could retool a little. Trade players like Vanek, Markov, Grabovski, Kulemin, Stempniak, Wizniewski, maybe even Thornton, Letang and Green, for players who might not help next season but will help in 2015-2016. Don't even think about trading Crosby or Stamkos, and only trade Lundqvist if you get Rask or Price back. After a 1-year retooling process, Crosby and Stamkos are still in their prime.

Dobber Sports Star

A) no...
    B) no...
    C) no...
    D) no...
    E) no...

Rylant

Administrator

This is a case of getting young just for the sake of getting young. As in more than 90% of fantasy hockey "rebuilds" I've seen they are executed very poorly. These trades would be very bad for your franchise.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

With my 10+ years of experience using STHS Ver 1, the only thing you need to focus on to win another Stanley Cup is to acquire the best goalie in the league. If the teams are remotely close in skaters, the team with the best goalie wins in the playoffs each season. For this reason, I would recommend doing what you need to do to acquire Tuukka Rask. You definitely have the assets needed to acquire him so I would make that your #1 goal.

Trading is fun but...

"...I'll be honest. Winning isn't everything. Men, it's the only thing. " Red Sanders

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The only trade I remotely like is E)... give Stamkos, get Seguin/Mantha/#7 overall.

But really, this is a strong, strong team in a 26-team league.
    Top three team every year.
    Makes me think there might be something wrong with your strategy as a GM, because your team is clearly strong enough.
    You've got perhaps 4 wingers & 2 defensemen that look weak to me... the rest of the team is excellent.
    I wouldn't be making trades to change up this team.
    Can't say I advocate your feeling to rebuild.
    I agree with EVERYTHING Pengwin said here. EVERYTHING! Look at my team in the sig...that is a rebuilding team. A team with Stamkos, Crosby and Lundqvist is a championship team.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You have very high end talent, but your middle pack is weak. The assets you should move are Vanek, Wiz, Green and Thornton. Is it a full keeper? If so, that means the top 442 forwards are taken. I would only trade one of stamkos and crosby IF you receive a minimum of two top tier players (ex Getzlaf and Giroux).

You're not rebuilding but rather bulding around your foundation. Your goaltending is a little thin but that depends on its weight.

So, I would recommend trading one of Crosby or Stamkos only if

1) It's a full keeper AND
    2) You receive a minimum of two top end talent PPG easily attainable AND
    3) Not for players on decline

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with the sentiment so far

I don't like any of the deals you suggest. I think we all believe you can get more for the players you are trading, especially Lundqvist !

Also once again welcome to the message boards !
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

I think the reaso why ou struggled last year is totally out of your control

Letang amdmStamkos injuries and Hank playing poorly until Christmas no NHL team could compete with all three things happening to the either!

Any other year this team competes and would hope it does this year - maybe I move one stud to improve my depth but none of those trades get the return I'd expect to do that

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So what kind of league is it? How many do you start at each position - daily/weekly? What are the scoring categories?

Making any of those trades is pretty much like falling on a live grenade, on purpose.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I wouldn't rebuild a team like that but if you think you can't win next season, you could retool a little. Trade players like Vanek, Markov, Grabovski, Kulemin, Stempniak, Wizniewski, maybe even Thornton, Letang and Green, for players who might not help next season but will help in 2015-2016. Don't even think about trading Crosby or Stamkos, and only trade Lundqvist if you get Rask or Price back. After a 1-year retooling process, Crosby and Stamkos are still in their prime.
    On the money with Jouko-Pouko. Those trades you listed.. unless you want to tank isn't a good idea.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

EDIT :

Another offer :

Give : Markov
    Get : Koekkoek - 1st pick 2014 (10th overall - odd number...so at worst 19th overall)

G) GIve : Vanek
    Get : Henrique - Markus Granlund - 1st pick 2014 (don't know the rank yet...even number)
    Keeper league - 26 teams (90% salary cap league)

Kaprizov - Kuznetsov - Huberdeau
    Zacha - Stephenson - Bratt
    Zucker - Frost - Eberle
    Johnston - Blueger - Yamamoto

Hughes - Spurgeon
    Lindell - Orlov
    Barrie - Grzelyck

Sorokin
    Talbot