Thread: Tanev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tanev

What is his expected multi cat league relevance? How many points do you guys think he will be good for?

Administrator

Default Re: Tanev

He might have some untapped potential but looking into what he has been able to do statistically in the NHL and his overall history nothing really jumps out at me. He is good at blocks and plus-minus (can that continue in Vancouver?) and might be decent for secondary points but overall he hasn't done that much yet. I'm just not sure that his assets will translate statistically.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

My guess is that Tanev flirts with 30 points next season. He is so smooth with the puck and at making break out passes that his points will come from that. He is also the Canucks best (very close to Hamhuis) defensive dman so his ice time will also be up there. The problem is that he gets zero PP time which limits his point potential greatly. If the Canucks every pull the trigger and move Edler or Bieksa or Garrison and Tanev finds himself on the PP, he could be worth a lot more. He is also one of the premier shot blockers in the league as he averages over 2 blocks per game. However, his lack of hits reduces his value in most multi-cat leagues where you can often find cheap dmen who get a few less blocks but who get 3 or 4 times more hits.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He might have some untapped potential but looking into what he has been able to do statistically in the NHL and his overall history nothing really jumps out at me. He is good at blocks and plus-minus (can that continue in Vancouver?) and might be decent for secondary points but overall he hasn't done that much yet. I'm just not sure that his assets will translate statistically.
    This pretty much sums it up. With Garrison, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa ahead of him on the PP depth chart basically Tanev's peak is 30-35 points as a career year.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Canucks fans have been talking about this guy as some savior for like 5 years now. Ugh make it stop haha.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Canucks fans have been talking about this guy as some savior for like 5 years now. Ugh make it stop haha.
    He may be an on-ice savior but poolies have not been talking abou this guy as a fantasy savior for the last 5 years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust