Thread: Nichushkin next two years

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nichushkin next two years

Hi guys,

Since I just acquired him in a contract league for the #6 pick '14 + Boedker, I am wondering what his projections are for the next two years in terms of points and PPP?

Thanks for your time!
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Nichushkin next two years

125 views and not one response.... Pathetic

Look for 45 pts with maybe 10 PPP next year
    Look for 50-55 pts the following year with 15 PPP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah no love for this thread, Nichushkin or me...

But I appreciate your reply stick boy!

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I actually think that Nish...if still on that top line, could accidentally hit 50 to 55 this year with 65 to 70 point upside after this year...and that's a conservative projection. Ofcourse lines can change and so can strategies, but from what I've seen and moreso heard, Nish is a pretty good created of opportunities in his own right and should be able to hit these targets with he as the main guy on a line in Dallas. But again...more conclusions from what I've heard ... Less so seen 1st hand.

Russians still scare me though on many levels.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the above but to a lesser degree. I see Dallas as being the Benn and seguin show. Then I could see nich anchoring the second line. He'll prolly jump onto pp1 though.
    I could see something like:
    This year - 20g-29a -49 pts with 10-15 PPP.
    Year after- 25g 30a 55 pts with 15 PPP.
    I think in his prime in a perfect situation he has about 80-85 extreme upside with a more realistic upside of 70-75 pts. But also like above Russians still do scare me as well so when looking at upside I would probably temper those a bit to include the "Russian factor". My take on the Russian factor is obviously the ability to go home to the khl but more so that it maybe a bit harder to adjust to the NA game and hence limiting their upside (I feel the Russians always seem to come here with inflated upsides, almost unfairly and unrealistic sometimes). Take that for what its worth but that's how I see it. Regardless he has high skill level but he will likely not be " the guy" in Dallas.
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I actually think that Nish...if still on that top line, could accidentally hit 50 to 55 this year with 65 to 70 point upside after this year...and that's a conservative projection. Ofcourse lines can change and so can strategies, but from what I've seen and moreso heard, Nish is a pretty good created of opportunities in his own right and should be able to hit these targets with he as the main guy on a line in Dallas. But again...more conclusions from what I've heard ... Less so seen 1st hand.

Russians still scare me though on many levels.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    Yeah no love for this thread, Nichushkin or me...

But I appreciate your reply stick boy!
    It's definitely not you, alot of people find predicting youngsters as a very tough task..

I would expect 50 points, this season, as long as he sticks on that top line.. He seems like he is destined for some great things ahead.. I'd love to own this player going forward!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When Jagr says Nichushkin could be the best player in the world on day you got to be excited if you own him!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think he'll have a typical rookie progression.
    Year 1: 40pts
    Year 2: 55pts
    Year 3: 65pts
    Year 4: 70pts

Biggest question mark is whether he sticks on the top line.
    If DAL rolls out Benn-Seguin-Nich... then they've stacked one line... which isn't often effective for team balance... especially on the road where opponents get line match.
    Since Benn-Seguin is magic, I think you'll see the Dallas Coaching staff tinkering with Nichu on other lines.

It doesn't surprise me that this thread hasn't gotten a lot of replies... Nichu is one of the tougher youngsters in the league to peg... mostly because DAL has questionable offensive depth.
    Put Nichu on line 2 or PP2 and he's 20pts lower in totals than on line 1 & PP1.
    Tough player to peg for the future, that's for sure.

Dobber Sports Star

I think he gets close to 50 points this year, and over 50 points the next year. Both years I can see him flirting with 10PPP.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Ace

Tough guy to predict - as most youngsters are.

But he's SO reliant at this stage on seeing time with Benn and Seguin. So that has to be factored in.

Obviously, if he becomes a regular with those guys then you've gotta think 50-60 is possible this year, maybe more.
    But if he jumps around, then a 45...50...55 progression is more likely, one would think.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys for replying. I understand it is harder to project youngsters, but I almost exclusively have youngsters on my team

Usually I tend to stay away from Russians, but I could not pass up on his upside. Honestly I only watched one game of Dallas last season and he absolutely rocked on that 1st line.

Hope he can keep his spot...