Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schultz

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Schultz

I'm still very high on him. But he is playing way too many minutes. He needs 1 or 2 more dmen to take the pressure off. Probably led the team in 3rd assists.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    If Schultz is a bust, then Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yakupov are fantasy garbage. I agree with the rest, if you can buy low, do it. I would take any of those players on my team. I think he can regularly put up 50pts a season, but with the upside of 65pts, depending on his supporting cast and health.
    This ^^ for me, too. MacTavish came out after the season ended and said Hall, RNH, Eberle, and Schultz are their key guys. That spoke volumes to me, after a garbage season all-round for the Oilers. The brass still have plenty of faith in Schultz, and in the core group.

To me, 50 is the hope for the next few years for Schultz. But methinks 45ish is a lot more likely for the next year or two

Dobber Sports Legend

Schultz will be a 50 point defenseman within the next 2 seasons.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I own this guy in one of my leagues, and although I think he's valuable, no one wants to take a sniff at him. I've offered him up for forward help or a high pick and it's like the rest of the league collectively laughs at me. I hope he rips up the league in the next year or two!!
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,

Dobber Sports Initiate

Look at my team in sig . I'm NOT selling ! Call me stubborn but I still believe .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Ninja

Risky offensive blueliner plays very well in the AHL and then gets in around 50 games in the NHL where he puts up about 0.5 points per game. His defense is atrocious, but that can be worked on right?

The next season he gets in a full season and puts up around 35 points. The defense is still really bad, but I mean come on - he's young and he'll work it out right?

The Oilers just need to find him the right role and surround him with the right defensive guys ... like Jason Smith, Matt Greene, and Jan Hejda. Wait? I thought we were talking about Marc-Andre Bergeron...

He's basically started his career the same way. Granted Schultz is playing with better talent than the Oilers of mid 2000s, but Bergeron never fixed his defense and boneheaded his way right out of the league, despite being great offensively. Big time buyer beware with this kid. I'd see if I could get him on the cheap, but there;s no way I am paying much for a guy who so far has shown he has no clue in his own end.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don't think Edmonton brought him in for his defence nor did his pairings help him. He's played 1 full season in the NHL and in the 1 and a half seasons he has played he averaged .5pts per game which is pretty good for a "rookie". Finishing 6th in team scoring this past year is not bad.

D tend to take more time to develop and Schultz will take some time and some better pairings will help. I wouldn't give up on him yet and think he will hit 45-50 pts in the next couple years if not this coming year. If you can buy low, take the risk.