Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mike Richards will NOT be bought out

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Mike Richards will NOT be bought out

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...64997012545538

The other Richards -- Mike Richards -- will not be bought out, per @reallisa. He'll chase a third Stanley Cup in four years with #LAKings.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Mike Richards will NOT be bought out

Doesnt mean he wont be traded though. I would say that is likely. Teams who are needy for a 2nd-line C will be called.

Dobber Sports Monster

He's a tough trade. The production vs the $$$ is hard for a team to trust. Solid player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Doesnt mean he wont be traded though. I would say that is likely. Teams who are needy for a 2nd-line C will be called.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hoping this wasn't a choice between him and gaborik
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Deity

If they keep Jeff Carter at center (and why wouldn't they after the way he played in the playoffs), Richards is one expensive 3rd/4th line center.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

LA Kings are ****ing stupid.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Superstar

Was hoping Jets would get a shot at him.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    He's a tough trade. The production vs the $$$ is hard for a team to trust. Solid player though.
    If I was Dean Lombardi I would wait for the Spezza/Kesler circus to clear out of town, then call up the guys who pursued and lost those players and see if I can move Richards. With Carter at 2C and Stoll as one of the best 3Cs out there I dont see how Richards fits in to the core group anymore.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Why are they stupid? The Kings won 2 Stanley Cups in the last 3 seasons, they also made it to the Conference Finals and only lost out to the Blackhawks! I don't care who my Avalanche would have to overpay, I'll take that kind of success and not change anything, until I have to, I also understand the Kings have all sorts of cap space yet.
    Keeper League; 30 man roster, top 12 forwards, top 6 defensemen and top 1 goalie count, pts only.

F: JVR, Okposo, Brassard, Steen, Wilson, C. Wilson, Hagelin, Matthews, Puljujarvi, Meier, Goldobin, Fabbri, Barbashev, Schmaltz, Gurianov, Dickinson, Rantanen, Milano, Bjorkstrand, Zacha, Bracco, DeBrusk, Griffith

D: Werenski, C. Miller, C. Murphy, DeAngelo, J. Morrow, Edler

G: Fleury, Elliott, Niemi, M.Smith, Ward, Pavalec

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

has injury info been released yet? maybe the kings know something we don't. richards could have been battling an injury...

also, they are the last team we should be critizing for any of their moves. they won 2 cups in 3 years, i think they know what they're doing. i learned that the hard way, i said after sharks went up 3-0 that the kings are playing the wrong system and making it 10x harder for them to win. if they think richards is valuable to their team, then i trust they know what they are doing.

as a carter owner, i hope this doesn't shift him back to center somehow. i was looking forward to those extra FOW!

Dobber Sports Ace

I would say perhaps a trade could happen. He's no longer a #1, probably not a #2...but he's only 29, has winning pedigree, and there's a lot of teams that could use that - despite his $ hit.

But maybe the Kings simply figure they can afford the cap hit, they know what Richards gives them, and they're fine with that. There are worse things than keeping a winning team together

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    has injury info been released yet? maybe the kings know something we don't. richards could have been battling an injury...

also, they are the last team we should be critizing for any of their moves. they won 2 cups in 3 years, i think they know what they're doing. i learned that the hard way, i said after sharks went up 3-0 that the kings are playing the wrong system and making it 10x harder for them to win. if they think richards is valuable to their team, then i trust they know what they are doing.

as a carter owner, i hope this doesn't shift him back to center somehow. i was looking forward to those extra FOW!
    there were some rumblings that he would be getting shoulder surgery as soon as his season ended, but nothing official at this point. could be nothing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He still has trade value. There are teams out there that can benefit from his defensive ability, character and experience. His cap hit is a bit tough to swallow for the dwindling offence he provides, but I'd bet there's still suitors for him. Teams that are really weak at centre such as the Oilers and Preds might be willing to take him off Lombardi's hands.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Stupid is the last thing the Kings are. Two Cups in three years. You cannot argue with the way they have been managing the team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Stupid is the last thing the Kings are. Two Cups in three years. You cannot argue with the way they have been managing the team.
    Sure they are. They think that because they won two cups in the last 3 years that they can just stick with their current roster and everything will work out in the end. You can't just decide that you've found the winning formula and stop changing. Those wins could have to do just as much with luck as with skill. You can't only consider the past when you make decisions for your team. You also have to consider the future and pay attention to the warning signs when they pop up and Mike Richards has warning signs flashing all over. I wouldn't be surprised if we were all criticizing them for not buying him out by the end of next season and I'll guarantee you that in two years he'll be crippling them.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis