Thread: Keeper League: MAATTA or EDLER

Dobber Sports Star

Default Keeper League: MAATTA or EDLER

Pure points only: Who'd you rather?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Keeper League: MAATTA or EDLER

I would go with Edler. He has a bomb shot and runs a nice PP. He is also still quite young. Look into his advanced metrics too. His PDO, shot %, and on ice 5v5 team shot% were all EXTREMELY low.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd also stick with Edler.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another vote for Edler
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Star

not quite what I was hoping for lol

Traded Edler and Berglund for Maatta and Rattie today. I like Edler as well, but I like the trio of Hedman, Josi and Maatta as core keepers to build around while I hopefully still contend.

My league also has a lot of rebuilders in it, so Maatta and Rattie are nice chips to move if need be.

Guess we'll see if it was a mistake or not
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    not quite what I was hoping for lol

Traded Edler and Berglund for Maatta and Rattie today. I like Edler as well, but I like the trio of Hedman, Josi and Maatta as core keepers to build around while I hopefully can still contend.

My league also has a lot of rebuilders in it, so Maatta and Rattie are nice chips to move if need be.

Guess we'll see if it was a mistake or not
    I disagree with the lot. I was the one who traded with you just so everyone knows.

In our league where goals count for 3 points it makes a difference. For example in our scoring Maatta had 48 pts as a rookie as opposed to Edler who had 36 and is 8-9 years older.

If you are a serious contender its an even off. In my opinion Edler is a solid player but not a PP stud as has been alluded to. He is a good puck mover with a decent shot but in VAN Garrison has proven to be the proven shooter as was McCabe in TOR years ago.

Maatta earned his time as a rook and benefitted from injuries but should be good with the imminent departure of Niskanen which I think is unavoidable. He reminds me of a younger Vishnovsky.

I am not trying to sell my trade as I would rather gloat but this is my honest opinion that next yr in our league I hope they will be even but year after year I would lose a straight up trade. Berglund in our league has been brutal but I am banking on a trade waking this mother****er up.

Rattie is a potential AHL'er but just puts up points whereever he plays. I remenber when Benn and Neal were thought of the same way. I am not comparing him to them as who knows. But Edler for Maataa straight up is close in a keeper league and Bergy and Rattie is good for me as I have an older competing team while you are rebuilding or at least gathering youth for a trade for a run at it again.

Bury me boys.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd go with Edler but Maatta will be a good choice too in the longterm depending what will happen with Letang...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Giant

As a Penguins fan, I must admit that while I really like Maatta (like, a whole lot), he's definitely got some serious competition for the offensive minutes in PIT. Kris Letang, in my opinion, isn't going anywhere. Find me another Dman in the NHL who has a comparable skill-set who isn't making the kind of dough that Letang earns. Exactly ... it's just not there. Kris Letang is still "the guy" on this team if he can focus his game, and play a little bit more responsibly. Letang made so many great defensive plays in these playoffs, I was really impressed with his play despite the overall team failures. Add in his offensive abilities, which perhaps need to be kept in check a bit, and there is absolutely no reason why the Pens should trade this guy instead of attempting to re-focus his game.

Also, when considering a guy like Derrick Pouliot, who many considered would have a real shot of making this team out of camp (before his shoulder surgery), you have to bump Maatta down a bit in the pecking order for PP minutes. Pouliot's defensive game has been criticized over the years; however, that is an area that he's greatly improved upon, and his offensive prowess has increased, with him becoming a dominant offensive player - regardless of position (17G, 70P in 53 GP with Winterhawks in 2013-14). He was also Canada's best Defenseman in the WJCs, scoring 5 points with 8 PIM and a +2, all the while playing a very sound defensive game. Pouliot is very, VERY close to impacting the scoresheet in the NHL. So, with Letang / Paul Martin / Pouliot still in the ranks, Maatta's offensive upside is limited - at least for the next few years. Don't get me wrong, I love Olli Maatta and I've been stoked about this kid even before the Penguins drafted him; however, he's got a lot of competition for the prime offensive minutes that are going to help improve his totals. Therefore, I would temper expectations a bit, especially when considering he may not even be a lock for PP2 when everyone is healthy.

Also, don't forget the Pens will probably be cycling in guys like Dumoulin (who's got some upside), Despres (some upside), Harrington, and Samuelsson - and at least one of these guys will probably cement a Top4 position early in the 2014-15 season. Olli Maatta is a fantastic player, and he really proved himself last season, but I wouldn't expect the moon next year.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Maatta for me

Seems to be the real deal

So much uncertainty in VAN

If Maatta ends up on PP1 (which he will as soon as Letang gets hurt) the sky's the limit.

Remember, hes a kid. Dmen usually dont peak this early, good deal!!
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd much rather Edler and Berglund over Rattie and Maatta at this point. Too soon. A 29-point rookie season by Maatta to me was less surprising than Edler's abysmal season, and had a lot to do with Letang missing 45 games and Martin missing 43 games. I think he's going to be a solid D, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the Pens will play him the same way when they don't have to. Whether you like him more, less or the same, I'm reading the hype about the same way as Jonas Brodin's went last summer. Not saying I wouldn't want to acquire him, but not here, unless I was going into a rebuild.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Edler easily at this point, more proven.