Thread: Billy or Marte -- rest of the way

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Billy or Marte -- rest of the way

So in another thread I posted about dealing Hamilton for Cain, but then also getting Marte in another deal. The owner getting Hamilton asked me if I'd be inclined to deal Marte instead. Hamilton's power won't keep up, but his speed obviously will...and we do count K as a negative stat. Marte has been better since coming up and so has that lineup.

My head says Marte (who also has LF eligibility)....but thought I'd post.

PS. Nuge I gave out some rep today so hopefully I can finally give some back

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Billy or Marte -- rest of the way

Looking at your team and the power you have in the lineup (Cespedes, Jones, Stanton), Hamilton's SBs are more valuable. Consider your team and think about it this way - who is more likely to win a category in a week for you, Hamilton or Marte?

Hamilton is the easy choice, to me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Either one of them will be riding the pine on your team so in those cases I lean towards Hamilton who is a threat to steal a base every time he gets on. Marte is no slouch himself, but considering K's are a negative stat, I think I'd rather have Hamilton.

As Burgundy said, Hamilton is more likely to win you a category any given week.

Dobber Sports Immortal

You mean like Hamilton did tonight.....CRAP. Oh well...if he won't take Marte at least it was a good final night for Billy.