Thread: Top 10 Pure Offesnive Draft-Eligible Forwards Article

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Top 10 Pure Offesnive Draft-Eligible Forwards Article

I just read Dobber's Top 10 Pure Offensive Draft-Eligible Forwards article which had the following Ranking:

1) Sam Bennett
    2) William Nylander
    3) Leon Draisaitl
    4) Nikolaj Ehlers
    5) Sam Reinhart
    6) Michael Dal Colle
    7) Kasperi Kapanen
    8) Robby Fabbri
    9) Jake Virtanen
    10) Nikolay Goldobin

I thought it would be interesting to get everyone thoughts on whether (1) this is the correct ranking, (2) if there are any tiers in this ranking and (3) are there any additional players that will be available in your draft that you would like to discuss where they would rank.

To start it off I really like these rankings from an offensive perspective and would not change the order with the exception of maybe putting Ehlers ahead of Draisaitl. I would probably rank 1 to 4 as the first tier, 5 to 7 as the second tier and 8 to 10 as the third tier with not a great deal of seperation between the prospects within each tier from an offensive upside perspective. Two players that will be available in my draft that I would include on the list are Johnny Gaudreau, who I would rank right behind Ehlers at 5th, and Nic Petan who I would slot in right behind Kapanen at 8th.

The link to the full article is below:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...gible-forwards
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Top 10 Pure Offesnive Draft-Eligible Forwards Article

Actually, I think that list is pretty good, but I am not 100% sold on Bennett being #1 from a purely offensive standpoint. He may be better listed at #3 behind Nylander and Draisaitl, but is the better choice all around (leadership, defense oriented & other intangibles). Of course, the argument could always be made for any of these guys moving up or down the list, but, again, I think it is very fair.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Demi-God

No idea, to be honest.
    But (unfortunately) people will be criticizing it in 15 days when the draft has completed and players have prospective teams/teammates.

Banned

Just remember that usually these lists are ranking flash and dash. For example Monahan was underrated last year. Also for example goldobin is very weak in a lot of areas and probably has a doubtful future at best.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I just read Dobber's Top 10 Pure Offensive Draft-Eligible Forwards article which had the following Ranking:

1) Sam Bennett
    2) William Nylander
    3) Leon Draisaitl
    4) Nikolaj Ehlers
    5) Sam Reinhart
    6) Michael Dal Colle
    7) Kasperi Kapanen
    8) Robby Fabbri
    9) Jake Virtanen
    10) Nikolay Goldobin

I thought it would be interesting to get everyone thoughts on whether (1) this is the correct ranking, (2) if there are any tiers in this ranking and (3) are there any additional players that will be available in your draft that you would like to discuss where they would rank.

To start it off I really like these rankings from an offensive perspective and would not change the order with the exception of maybe putting Ehlers ahead of Draisaitl. I would probably rank 1 to 4 as the first tier, 5 to 7 as the second tier and 8 to 10 as the third tier with not a great deal of seperation between the prospects within each tier from an offensive upside perspective. Two players that will be available in my draft that I would include on the list are Johnny Gaudreau, who I would rank right behind Ehlers at 5th, and Nic Petan who I would slot in right behind Kapanen at 8th.

The link to the full article is below:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...gible-forwards

When you're talking "pure offensive upside" the tiers are too distinct....I like Bennett, Nylander, Draisaitl and Ehlers equally. Sam Reinhart gets a boost (even if he shouldn't based on these rankings) because I LOVE his NHL certainty so he'd likely be lower if I didn't take that into account (purposefully or not . The remaining six players listed here would be in the next tier. I actually love Goldobin's upside but he'll need to land in the right system. If that happens, he bumps way up my list. So in saying that, where these kids land matters just as much as their actually ranking. Ask me after the draft and I will re-rank them accordingly.

Josh Ho-Sang, Kevin Fiala, Brendan Perlini and Nikita Scherbak are actually guys who would fit in that second tier too.

Dobber Sports Ace

Solid rankings, but I'm not sure I'd have Kapanen and Fabbri so high. I think Milano deserves mention before the two of them in all honesty. I think people see that he plays with Eichel and just assume he's getting a boost from him, but Milano is quite skilled himself. He deserves to be talked about in the top 10 highest offensive potential. I also think Barbashev should be talked about a whole lot more. Again moreso than either Kapanen or Fabbri IMO. I don't think people realize just how skilled a player he is.

And man, does Reinhart have some of the least hype I've ever seen for a top 3 potential pick. Guy is so wicked talented it's not funny. He's just a lot more cerebral in his game and skill than say a guy like Bennett or Nylander. I personally think he's more skilled than Bennett, and deserves to be talked about with Nylander and Draisaitl as players with the highest offensive potential in this draft.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like that Ross mentions ho-sang but expecially scherbak. I think nikita is going to be a goodie.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a little bit surprised N.Ritchie is not on this list. Not even in the HM.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Solid rankings, but I'm not sure I'd have Kapanen and Fabbri so high. I think Milano deserves mention before the two of them in all honesty. I think people see that he plays with Eichel and just assume he's getting a boost from him, but Milano is quite skilled himself. He deserves to be talked about in the top 10 highest offensive potential.
    Totally agree on Milano, he's a very impressive player. He'll be (potentially) a little longer of a wait cause of college but I think he's going to be one of the better scorers in this draft class. If he had played in the CHL this year I'd be willing to bet he'd pot 100 points.

I'd also be curious to see where some of the euro's slot into a list like this, namely Pastrnak and Fiala.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would Gaudreau, Petan, Burakovski potentially sneek into top 10 or HM?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Solid rankings, but I'm not sure I'd have Kapanen and Fabbri so high. I think Milano deserves mention before the two of them in all honesty. I think people see that he plays with Eichel and just assume he's getting a boost from him, but Milano is quite skilled himself. He deserves to be talked about in the top 10 highest offensive potential. I also think Barbashev should be talked about a whole lot more. Again moreso than either Kapanen or Fabbri IMO. I don't think people realize just how skilled a player he is.

And man, does Reinhart have some of the least hype I've ever seen for a top 3 potential pick. Guy is so wicked talented it's not funny. He's just a lot more cerebral in his game and skill than say a guy like Bennett or Nylander. I personally think he's more skilled than Bennett, and deserves to be talked about with Nylander and Draisaitl as players with the highest offensive potential in this draft.
    I have the first two prospect picks this upcoming season. How would you guys rank these players if you not only factor in the offensive skill, but also the blocking and hitting and potential of shp? I'd sooner have a player that gets slightly less points but is more multicat. Thanks
    (roto-g,a,+/-,hits,shp,ppa,ppg,wins,gaa,svpct,so)

centers
    e staal, backstrom, stepan

wingers
    seguin, msl, Callahan, Neal
    defense
    chara, MDZ, Markov,

goalie
    Rinne, Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

So, what does the draft do to change this order in a points-only league? Have their destinations altered their ranking?
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko