Thread: Lecavalier next year

Dobber Sports Master

Default Lecavalier next year

I am not a Lecavalier owner in fantasy hockey, but was interested in the article below because I do own Sean Couturier and think that Cavs is hindering Couts progression (maybe). Here is the article:

http://offtherecordsports.com/2014/0...ade-oh-please/

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether or not he is a Flyer next year, and if he is moved where he might agree to go?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Lecavalier next year

completely off topic, but why did I have to scroll down so much just to start reading the article? i hate websites these days man.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Newbie

I think a deal will be hard to find a match for him PLUS he has to waive his No-Trade. I personally think if he was approached he would waive it since it's quite obvious things aren't going so well in Philly. His contract vs his production is not good though and teams will be hard-pressed to jusify the cost to trade for him and carry that weight. Personally, I think he stays in Philly.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    completely off topic, but why did I have to scroll down so much just to start reading the article? i hate websites these days man.
    I waited for a moment, and all of the pop ups and other links disappeared and the article came right to the top of the page. Sorry about that.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

I can't see many teams wanting Lecavalier. He misses too many games and does not score as frequently as he used to (he has not scored over 25 goals since 2008/09) and his assist count is not very impressive. Although Philadelphia probably wishes they did not sign him to a four year contract, they front-loaded that contract so if they want to move him later (if a team is willing to trade for him) or buy out his contract, Vinny will be a cheaper player. I think that he definitely will not be a Flyer to start the 2015/16 season but this year, he probably stays all year. If (when) he misses games, then Couturier will help your team.

Dobber Sports Stud

tough situation Philly has right now. They appear to have mortgaged the future in exchange for the present. Lecavalier is a good representation of the story in Flyerland. Quite a few contracts they could stand to be rid of, then again the Flyers are a very good team and perhaps can make a run to the finals next year although they will have to go through Boston and quite likely NYR.

Maybe they can offload him somewhere he doesn't want to go like Buffalo but with his NMC that is going to be a tough sell. So I reckon they are married for the time being. Maybe if Vinny is challenged with a visit to the AHL he might accept a deal elsewhere but that sounds like dirty pool to me. Who knows maybe Vinny joins Brad and they train this offseason with MSL ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It was hilarious when they bought out Briere in order to sign Lecavalier. The flyers are lying in the bed they made.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault