Thread: The next Trouba?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The next Trouba?

Everyone already knows about Webers multi cat prowess, and now Trouba has shown he is like a mini Weber.
    Is there anyone to watch out for that could be the next Weber/Trouba in the upcoming draft?
    Is there prospect D that gets points hits and blocks and is projected to be good in this upcoming draft like Trouba?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: The next Trouba?

LOL - love it. Already looking for the next version of a 20 year old rookie who has yet to play 100 NHL games.

Anyone know who is going to be the next McDavid?

Seriously, I would check the prospect forums, prospect rankings, and even buy the prospect guide and you'll get some ideas. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A prospect D that gets points hits and blocks and is projected to be good, is there a D in this draft that fits this criteria
    Don't be a smartass MolsonX

Dobber Sports Master

I think it is a crap shoot when talking about young dmen and goaltenders and their ultimate potential. However, fantasy hockey relies quite abit on the "potential" of a given prospect.

Buffalo's Nikita Zadorov has always been known for his big hits and zeal to play a tough physical game, but he also racked up 56 points in 99 OHL games which shows some offensive prowess too. He is becoming a top line defender, and in Buffalo will very likely share big minutes with Rasmus Ristolainen in the very near future.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks bottlenecked

Dobber Sports Giant

In this draft, the only guy who has a remote chance of making that kind of impact IMO is Aaron Ekblad. Dude is a manchild, 6'4", 216 lbs. and can make all the right plays. Has a booming slapshot, can play physical, and is used to eating up HUGE amounts of minutes with the Barrie Colts. Ekblad has a real shot of becoming that next Dman who can play in all situations and rack up stats across categories.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think Trouba has the same physicality or scoring ability to be the next Weber.

That being said, if you want to find the next Trouba in this years draft, I like Jack Glover, Travis Sanheim and Jacob Middleton.

If he's available in your league, keep an eye on Damon Severson. 2012 draft but he's exactly what you want.

Dobber Sports Deity

Haydn Fleury is my pick for the next Trouba.

Go back and read the scouting reports for Trouba before he was drafted and read whats being written about Fleury. Very similar reports. Trouba was drafted 9th overall in 2012. Any guesses where Fleury is projected to be drafted around?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Darnell Nurse is of a similar ilk/mold and has the potential to put up similar multi-cat numbers.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

The Great One

Another vote for Zadorov...

Dobber Sports Master

I only realized later that the original post said "this upcoming draft". I stand by my decision to mention Nikita Zadorov, but if we are talking just the 2014 draft eligible players (Zadorov is from the 2013 class) then I can't go wrong in saying Aaron Ekblad. If you are looking more at a guy who will be like the seventh defenseman drafted this year ( like Trouba was ), then I like Roland McKeown.

At one point he was being touted as a top ten pick, but CSS last had him ranked at 27 overall and the 6th ranked defenseman. This is a good article about him:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=718277

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Haydn Fleury is my pick for the next Trouba.

Go back and read the scouting reports for Trouba before he was drafted and read whats being written about Fleury. Very similar reports. Trouba was drafted 9th overall in 2012. Any guesses where Fleury is projected to be drafted around?
    I have Fleury in the 7-10 range!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Banned

Erik Gudbranson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I have Fleury in the 7-10 range!
    Cool. My question was meant to be rhetorical but thats probably where he will go in the actual NHL draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."