Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

  1. #31
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Orlando
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    Marty is getting older and performing less impressively than did when he was younger therefore implying age is impacting him....
    No one is arguing that, some people have just stated why they think it doesn't necessarily "tarnish" his legacy is he keeps playing, and some have suggested that he could help a contender as a back up (not a starter)........but as a back up.

  2. #32
    Sulla's Avatar
    Sulla is online now
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,275
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    And I disagree with latter and wonder what's the point of the former

  3. #33
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    Marty is getting older and performing less impressively than did when he was younger therefore implying age is impacting him.... Name one player who was better in his 40s than he was in his 30s or his 20s?
    no one suggested age is not impacting him

    you said that age does not differentiate when it impacts a players abilities

    that statement suggests that players abilities are impacted by age exactly that same which is just not accurate

    age effects players differently, not the same
     
    6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  4. #34
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Orlando
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    And I disagree with latter and wonder what's the point of the former
    LOL - and some agree with the latter and see relevance to the former? While others don't?

    I think the difference in opinions was established about 20 posts ago.........

  5. #35
    Sulla's Avatar
    Sulla is online now
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,275
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    no one suggested age is not impacting him

    you said that age does not differentiate when it impacts a players abilities

    that statement suggests that players abilities are impacted by age exactly that same which is just not accurate

    age effects players differently, not the same
    no i said 'age doesn't differentiate' implying that it catches up with everyone and that is true based on me asking you to name a player in their 40s who were better han they were in their 30s or 20s.....

  6. #36
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Orlando
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    no i said 'age doesn't differentiate' implying that it catches up with everyone and that is true based on me asking you to name a player in their 40s who were better han they were in their 30s or 20s.....
    I doubt very many people would disagree with this. I think the point is that players are impacted differently by age. Do players decline as they age? Typically yes.

    Can players still contribute in their late 30s like St. Louis and early 40s like Brodeur - yes they can contribute less or more depending on the player and position. Obviously St. Louis is still a star player, while Brodeur is not seen as a starter anymore, but instead as a potential back up goalie.

  7. #37
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    no i said 'age doesn't differentiate' implying that it catches up with everyone and that is true based on me asking you to name a player in their 40s who were better han they were in their 30s or 20s.....
    no one in the thread said or implied that age doesn't catch up with everyone from what i remember reading, unless i missed something
     
    6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  8. #38
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Orlando
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    no one in the thread said or implied that age doesn't catch up with everyone from what i remember reading, unless i missed something
    Exactly!

  9. #39
    Sulla's Avatar
    Sulla is online now
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,275
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    no one in the thread said or implied that age doesn't catch up with everyone from what i remember reading, unless i missed something
    Ok then I fail to understand why you raised it... but no worries

  10. #40
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    Ok then I fail to understand why you raised it... but no worries
    i didn't raise it you were the one who raised it
     
    6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  11. #41
    reeveta's Avatar
    reeveta is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,737
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    The thing I wonder is how much he will want to play once he sees the offers he gets. I am thinking there might be five or so teams that might take him as a back-up/insurance. I see him getting offers for $1.5 to $2 million with preformance bonuses. That might not be what he is imagining.

  12. #42
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Orlando
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Brodeur says next season will "probably" be his last..

    Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    The thing I wonder is how much he will want to play once he sees the offers he gets. I am thinking there might be five or so teams that might take him as a back-up/insurance. I see him getting offers for $1.5 to $2 million with preformance bonuses. That might not be what he is imagining.
    That sounds about right - his agent must be preparing him for this. Could see him getting a contract around 2.5m.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •