Thread: Vrana or fabbri

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Vrana or fabbri

Who do you think has the most upside and less chance if bust?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Vrana or fabbri

Definitely Fabbri. He's a borderline Top10 pick at this point with his second half and playoff dominance. He's the real deal, and his skill is off the charts. Vrana definitely has upside, but I think Fabbri is simplya better option at this point. In the prospects guide, he's likened to a Jordan Eberle type player, very high skill and determination, which are both needed in spades to overcome his size. Despite the small frame, he's a wizard. Vrana is a very similar player in terms of skill and short stature, but I feel like not only does Fabbri probably have a slightly higher upside, he is a safer selection, and he has a much higher perceived value. If we're talking about which player you should select in a fantasy draft, it's definitely Fabbri at this point.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go with Fabbri even if I think Vrana is a bit underrated in some mock draft.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I'd go with Fabbri even if I think Vrana is a bit underrated in some mock draft.
    I was able to draft Vrana at 23rd overall in my recent 2014 entry draft for a dynasty league (standard multicat + Hits, Blks, FW): http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...86#post1277886

I think he's definitely a bit underrated at this point, considering the fact that his skill and upside had him in a possible top-10 conversation at the beginning of this past year; however, he hasn't exactly been a worldbeater against bigger, stronger, older competition, and his draft value has dropped a bit. He may end up becoming a better player than Fabbri, and it really wouldn't surprise me a lot. I just think Fabbri has shown a lot more recently, and his value and likely draft position have skyrocketed. Like I said, Fabbri probably has a slightly higher raw upside, and I think there are a number of reasons to prefer him over Vrana.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I was able to draft Vrana at 23rd overall in my recent 2014 entry draft for a dynasty league (standard multicat + Hits, Blks, FW): http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...86#post1277886

I think he's definitely a bit underrated at this point, considering the fact that his skill and upside had him in a possible top-10 conversation at the beginning of this past year; however, he hasn't exactly been a worldbeater against bigger, stronger, older competition, and his draft value has dropped a bit. He may end up becoming a better player than Fabbri, and it really wouldn't surprise me a lot. I just think Fabbri has shown a lot more recently, and his value and likely draft position have skyrocketed. Like I said, Fabbri probably has a slightly higher raw upside, and I think there are a number of reasons to prefer him over Vrana.
    100% agree mounD. Even if Vrana played well at the WJC-18 against his peers to help his stock, I'd go with Fabbri.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2