Thread: Fargo - TV series

Banned

Default Fargo - TV series

Just watched the first episode. If you enjoyed the dark humor and drama of the movie and haven't got a chance to check this out yet I HIGHLY recommend it. The writing is superb and the acting is exceptional. Billy Bob Thornton is perfectly cast as is Martin Freeman, I'm really looking forward to this series.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Fargo - TV series

I'm up to date on it (as of Tuesday night) and it is UNREAL! I highly recommend this show to anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I'm up to date on it (as of Tuesday night) and it is UNREAL! I highly recommend this show to anyone.
    Yeah when I first heard they were doing a TV show of it I thought 'oh no, this can't be good', but then when I heard that the Coen bros were executive producers on it and that it starred Billy Bob Thornton I knew it was going to be good. I'm really looking forward to this, best thing I've watched in years (other than GOT).

Dobber Sports Icon

I've watched it since it came out, and am absolutely loving it - some hilarious moments. Only one episode left, unfortunately.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Master

Bell apparently doesnt carry the channel it plays on otherwise I'd tune in .

FX ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I've watched it since it came out, and am absolutely loving it - some hilarious moments. Only one episode left, unfortunately.
    that's actually what I was going to ask...will it have a second season or will it be a one time thing? It kind of seems like the type of show that they would 'hit it and quit', which I'd be fine with but somehow greed always seems to creep into everything in the industry so I'm worried they'll try to milk it past it's due date.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Im one episode behind, I think it's been great. I started watching because it had Martin freeman, but billy bob has been just plain great. From my understanding next season will be a whole new storyline with all new actors but the same setting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Im one episode behind, I think it's been great. I started watching because it had Martin freeman, but billy bob has been just plain great. From my understanding next season will be a whole new storyline with all new actors but the same setting.
    ohhhh, interesting! That's a good idea...you get the best of both worlds, you don't ever have a situation where they have to drag the show out past when it's story is told because each season they restart. And the network gets to keep on making money off it so they're less likely to step in and ruin things. I was trying to wrap my head around how they could stretch this current story out past a season and it didn't make any sense (even though there's a ton of shit that happens in the 1st episode to tie together!) So now all we need to hope for is that FX doesn't drop the ball with it like they did with the Walking Dead

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Such a great series, and the acting is superb. I love that most of this series was shot in my backyard (Calgary and Strathmore, Alberta, Canada). Actually The Bo Monk office is in the same building as my best friends retail shop. I highly recommend this series.
    Fantrax, 11 Team, Points Only, 24 players per team,
    19 Keepers
    Draft 5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2G, 7 bench spots
    G and A= 1 point, SO = 3 points, W = 2 points.
    Players:
    C: Crosby, Taveres, R. Strome, B. Schenn
    LW: M. Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Marchand, Voracek, Mangiapane
    RW: Guentzel, Ehlers, Wilson, Mercer, Raymond
    D: Carlson, Krug, Klingberg, McAvoy, Hronek, DeAngelo
    G: Markstrom, Hart, Keumper, Khudobin
    IR: Malkin, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good thread... I'd been debating whether to get into this... but I'll definitely queue it up.
    At home, we have Comcast - and I think they have it in their saved On Demand shows - so I can gear it up at any time.

I've still got a few eps from House of Cards to finish from Season 2.
    And I'm going full bore on re-watching Game of Thrones for a second round. (my THIRD time through the story. TV Shows, Books, TV Shows!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Good thread... I'd been debating whether to get into this... but I'll definitely queue it up.
    At home, we have Comcast - and I think they have it in their saved On Demand shows - so I can gear it up at any time.

I've still got a few eps from House of Cards to finish from Season 2.
    And I'm going full bore on re-watching Game of Thrones for a second round. (my THIRD time through the story. TV Shows, Books, TV Shows!)
    Yeah you'll really enjoy it I think

3rd time round for Game of Thrones? Wow, we usually re-watch the last 2-3 episodes before a new season begins just to refresh and get primed for it. Are you finding that you're getting more of the little things you missed on the 2nd watch?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Yeah you'll really enjoy it I think

3rd time round for Game of Thrones? Wow, we usually re-watch the last 2-3 episodes before a new season begins just to refresh and get primed for it. Are you finding that you're getting more of the little things you missed on the 2nd watch?

ONLY through the books.
    The TV show is for pure entertainment... though you can gleen a little extra information by watching the shows WITH COMMENTARY.

For example, I just watched Episode 2, where Robert Baratheon/Cersei/Jaime are the commentators.
    There is a season with Jaime in Winterfell meeting Jon Snow.
    THAT scene never takes place in the book... but Cersei says during commentary "This scene was added by the producers. It isn't in the book but ____ and _____ felt it was important to show Jaime meeting Jon Snow - which never actually ever happens in the books".

Makes you wonder if the producers know that there is some distinct "link" between Jaime/Jon that is worth setting up?!?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ONLY through the books.
    The TV show is for pure entertainment... though you can gleen a little extra information by watching the shows WITH COMMENTARY.

For example, I just watched Episode 2, where Robert Baratheon/Cersei/Jaime are the commentators.
    There is a season with Jaime in Winterfell meeting Jon Snow.
    THAT scene never takes place in the book... but Cersei says during commentary "This scene was added by the producers. It isn't in the book but ____ and _____ felt it was important to show Jaime meeting Jon Snow - which never actually ever happens in the books".

Makes you wonder if the producers know that there is some distinct "link" between Jaime/Jon that is worth setting up?!?!
    Yeah, I started with the show, watched Season 1 and while I enjoyed it I found myself frequently asking 'wait, who is that dude?' or 'what (or where) is this place again'? A friend recommended I read the books so I picked them up and really got into it. The sheer number of places and characters is overwhelming at first and that's where I found the books helpful in filling in those gaps. I have found re-watching a couple of the episodes to be interesting though, I'll often notice some small detail in the costumes or the dialogue that I recognize from the books.