Thread: Trade offer: need quick help!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade offer: need quick help!

Hey guys!

Need some thoughts on this one:

I would give: Yandle (5.5M) and JVR (4.5M)

I receive: Fowler (4M), Bergeron (7.5M), 1st rounder (2nd overall) and 1st rounder (5th overall)

Thoughts for the league in sig?

Thanks!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trade offer: need quick help!

Is the draft a prospect draft or player draft?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Genius

Both....guys like Toffoli, Monahan, Kuznetsov and other players like Evander Kane, Zetterberg are also available

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Stud

On the face of it the deal looks good but I probably wouldn't do the deal because of the cap hit and the fact that your team has guys like MSL and Ribeiro which means you have try and compete now. I would probably be looking to trade the older guys for picks/kids or looking to load up now with the grey beards. Not both
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Guru

I would do it, especially if you're competing. Then you can draft Zetterberg and Kane (or whoever) with those. Or even better, you can draft low-cap guys such as Toffoli or Kuz.

And with this deal, you're only gaining $1.5 million in salary.

If you end up over the cap, you can worry about that later on this summer and try to trade Ribeiro, Marchand or Hossa. In fact, I'd be trying to trade Hossa quickly. In a points-only cap league, he's way overpaid (although if you can afford to keep him, that's a good option too).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

I would do it. I think those picks could really help you.
    Who would you drop to make room for the guys you draft?
    You have a real mix of older players and youth.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Veteran

It really depends on who that pick is. Because I say while Bergeron and JVR may be a toss up in points, I'd view Yandle as likely putting up 15 more points than Fowler.

So by doing the trade with just the players, you are at a 15 point deficit while taking on $1.5 million in cap. So, the only way I would do it is if the player you draft will replace someone on your team by around 20 points, and won't be a huge hit to your cap.

Dobber Sports Genius

I have to drop 3 forwards and 1 G as for now....odd men out are Marchand, Ribeiro and Hossa + Miller....but with early picks (actually the best I have is a second rounder), I could also change Kesler or Parenteau...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, you are losing in terms of players in the deal, but if the picks can turn into two zetterberg/Kane types, then I take the deal, that makes sense to me.