Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rumor:Spezza to Dallas

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rumor:Spezza to Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Dallas would have to add a prospect to that, and chiasson isn't that great of a centrepiece coming back

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's funny how people said I was out to lunch when I gave them my info about spezza being 100% traded this summer
    I also said that the Sens were shopping Spezza so I certainly didn't think you were crazy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I also said that the Sens were shopping Spezza so I certainly didn't think you were crazy.
    Didnt say you or ratatlor. Some people said it though. Can't remember.

as for the price, he will get what bobby ryan got. That's why Dallas would have to add a prospect to chiasson and a first. Maybe a guy like Faksa even though he's stumbled.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dallas would have to add a prospect to that, and chiasson isn't that great of a centrepiece coming back

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's funny how people said I was out to lunch when I gave them my info about spezza being 100% traded this summer
    Have to agree with Ev on this one, Ottawa would need more. The draft is going to be interesting this year!
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Can't find where I saw it but it was Nashville with there 1st (11th) & Colin Wilson for spezza
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Star

Didnt say you or ratatlor. Some people said it though. Can't remember.

as for the price, he will get what bobby ryan got. That's why Dallas would have to add a prospect to chiasson and a first. Maybe a guy like Faksa even though he's stumbled.
    i dont think ottawa will get as much as they gave for bobby ryan. bobby had 2 years left on his deal, spezza only has 1. unless spezza is signing an extension, 2 assets should be enough for a one-year rental.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Ottawa should have traded Spezza years ago.

Dobber Sports Stud

I found part of Heika's discussion thanks to the6thsens.com:

Per Heika:

"The Stars are not in place where they can just rent Spezza for a year and then let him hit free agency. So if they are not allowed to discuss an extension before the trade, I don’t think they’re interested.

The cap hit would be fine for the Stars, as they have plenty of space, but it could be a problem for the Senators, because they are close to the floor. The guess is they would be targeting players such as Trevor Daley, Brenden Dillon or Alex Chiasson, along with a prospect and a draft pick. That means they might need more salary. The Senators could always spend that in free agency, but you also could try to work a deal where they take Sergei Gonchar and the $5 million remaining on his contract.

There are a lot of options there.

But, would you be willing to give up Daley or Dillon or Chiasson (or Alex Goligoski or Brett Ritchie or Jason Dickinson), or whomever the Senators might be asking for? They also would want to do this deal before the draft, so are you willing to give up your first-round pick?"

“I think Jason Spezza is the guy who is a good fit for the team. Dependable scorer, solid faceoff guy, good leader. I’m not sure what it would take, but I think he’s a guy who could be a perfect fit if he wants to come here and stay here. If Ryan Kesler is available, I also think the Stars would be interested, but I do wonder if a trade between Dallas and Vancouver would have complications because of the ire between the two owners.”
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Master

Interesting about Kesler to the Stars. I see a really good fit there. Better than the one with Spezza anyway. You would have to think anyone going after Spezza would want some assurance beyond a rental and if Spezza is that key on moving on and has some limited control on his destination, that there would be some understanding of his wanting to sign an extension with his new destination...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Jeez... Spezza is a one-year rental.
    I can't see anybody forking over a 1st round pick for him.
    That seems like crazy talk to me.
    Teams give up a first round pick for less during the season on trade deadline day.

I think the Sens are asking too much personally, but I think they can get two of the three (pick, prospect, player) pretty easily.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Teams give up a first round pick for less during the season on trade deadline day.

I think the Sens are asking too much personally, but I think they can get two of the three (pick, prospect, player) pretty easily.
    They're asking a lot, but top line centres with Spezza's skill set don't grow on trees....They should be able to secure an adequate return. Can't fault them for asking. I don't think Murray ends up where Gillis did with his Luongo situation.. There's a lot of uncertainty with Spezza but you can also see that as flexibility. You have to think he's more desirable on the market than not..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They're asking a lot, but top line centres with Spezza's skill set don't grow on trees....They should be able to secure an adequate return. Can't fault them for asking. I don't think Murray ends up where Gillis did with his Luongo situation.. There's a lot of uncertainty with Spezza but you can also see that as flexibility. You have to think he's more desirable on the market than not..
    True, but I compare it to Ryan. The Sens gave up a pick, prospect and player for Ryan. But Ryan was 26 years old at the time of the deal, and they got him for two years if he doesn't re-sign. And Ryan was pretty healthy when they traded for him. He only missed three games in the previous four seasons combined. And from 2008-09 (his first full season in the NHL) until 2011-12 (the year before the lockout), he had 131 goals, 10th most in the NHL during that span.

Spezza, on the other hand, will be 31 years old in two days. Teams will have him for one year if he doesn't re-sign. He's had some major health issues, including two surgeries to fix issues with his back. He's missed at least 20 games in three of the last four seasons.

I don't think Spezza can get the same type of return Ryan did. That's why I think Murray will get just two of three of what he's asking for (unless the pick, prospect and player is of lesser quality than what the Sens gave up).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    True, but I compare it to Ryan. The Sens gave up a pick, prospect and player for Ryan. But Ryan was 26 years old at the time of the deal, and they got him for two years if he doesn't re-sign. And Ryan was pretty healthy when they traded for him. He only missed three games in the previous four seasons combined. And from 2008-09 (his first full season in the NHL) until 2011-12 (the year before the lockout), he had 131 goals, 10th most in the NHL during that span.

Spezza, on the other hand, will be 31 years old in two days. Teams will have him for one year if he doesn't re-sign. He's had some major health issues, including two surgeries to fix issues with his back. He's missed at least 20 games in three of the last four seasons.

I don't think Spezza can get the same type of return Ryan did. That's why I think Murray will get just two of three of what he's asking for (unless the pick, prospect and player is of lesser quality than what the Sens gave up).
    I would tend to agree with you. I think centres are more valuable than wingers and also think Spezza has a skill set that is higher than Ryan. I would agree that Spezza will go for less than what Ryan did, but I think wherever Spezza ends up is very likely to be somewhere where he will sign an extension (and will probably have a good sense of one prior to his departure I think), so I don't expect the impending UFA status to weigh on his value, if only because this is pretty well Spezza's UFA moment. Unless he is really keen on a pay-day that he thinks he can't get from the team to which he is going via trade (i.e. unless the contract offer made to him by that team is either wildly off market or wildly off what Spezza and his agent think is "market"). But I don't expect that will be the case. I agree Murray might go 2 for 3 on his list, but I expect the assets to be very comparable to what he got for Ryan. If I was Murray, I would ignore this weak draft and either get a pick in next year's first round or get two more developed prospects back for Spezza, or at least, one really developed prospect and one established player.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Spezza for Seguin. Then add Marchand. Ottawa's Barefax won't know what hit them. PARRRRRTAAAAYY!
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Roussel-Spezza-Cole

Spezza can veto ten teams right? Faced with the prospects of playing with those two, I would definitely veto Dallas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Spezza for Seguin. Then add Marchand. Ottawa's Barefax won't know what hit them. PARRRRRTAAAAYY!
    hahaha...i assume that's a strip club?