Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jumbo Joe a Blackhawk??

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Jumbo Joe a Blackhawk??

Peanut head McGuire with Melnick on Montreal radio this afternoon, mentioned that Joe has waived his no trade clause. Pierre mentioned that there are "small" rumblings from the SJ camp that CHI could be a destination. CHI hasn't put out any feelers on Joe according to Pierre. He would look great as a #2 center behind Toews. It sounds like Joe is moving out of SJ by summer's end. Or at least that's the feeling I got listening to this interview.

Does this mean the end of the sharks? There was no discussion on players involved in a deal like this. Your thoughts?
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Default Re: Jumbo Joe a Blackhawk??

Thoughts?

McGuire is talking out of his ass as usual.
    Chicago was a single game away from winning another cup this year, they don't need an overpriced, soft center.

I...am your father.

I can't see Chicago going after him, or the Sharks trading him within the conference. I like the Leafs as a potential destination
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd love to have him on the Hawks, but man they'd have to be careful. I don't think I'd like any deal if it involved Teravainen, but I don't know how else the Hawks get him. Sharp for Thornton I might not hate since they have a bit more wing depth, but I would hate to see Sharp go.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't imagine what CHI has that they're willing to give up in this deal. Guys like McNeill and Clendening don't seem like enough and I doubt they'd move Teravainen. Maybe SJ can finally get Hjalmarsson after that whole offer sheet fiasco

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is Teravainen that special that you wouldnt want arguably the best assist man in the NHL?? Thornton would be the best #2 centerman in the league..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

i cant see this happening, i think the sharks keep thornton unless theyre blown away
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Thornton would be the best #2 centerman in the league..
    (Not really the point, but I think Malkin's better)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I can't see Chicago going after him, or the Sharks trading him within the conference. I like the Leafs as a potential destination
    Gotta agree here, if he moves it will be to the Eastern conference. What about Philly as a destination?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Sorry, I see Pittsburgh as a one line team, with Sid and Gino on the same line.. Thornton would be money in Chicago playing with Kane and Shaw..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What about Spezza?

Dobber Sports Guru

How about Tampa as a setup man for Stamkos? Tampa has a whackload of prospects. Couldn't they trade three or four of them without batting an eye?

IE- 19th overall, Vasilevsky, and Namestnkov for Thornton (if they want a roster player, that's doable as well).

This would also allow Drouin to get time on the #2 or #3 line so he's not rushed onto the top line. Make Bishop/Gudavskis your tandem for the next five years so you don't need to worry about losing Vasilevsky. They still have Kucherov and other good prospects.

If there's even a small bit of chemistry between Thornton and Stamkos, Stammer can lock up the next three Rocket Richard trophies.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you do a search, the only information out there is a statement from his brother that he would be willing to waive his no trade clause if the fans don't want him there anymore. To me that needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but it opens up the door to him potentially moving.

Dobber Sports Sage

The only way this trade gets made is if Sharp is going back to San Jose. The Hawks already have some salary trimming to do in 15-16 when Toews and Kane resign. Something like Sharp/Leddy/pick for Thornton. Yeah- I do that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel like Tampa would be a good fit for him, but I don’t know if he goes there. I can’t see Joe pulling an Iginla, saying he wants to play with a player (Crosby). More of a he wants to play for a team.

Nonis just came out and said they are looking to move up in the draft, so the 8th overall and another top player is out of the question to acquire Jumbo Joe (until past the top 5 picks are done in the draft).

The players that were mentioned earlier in the offseason that were untouchable were Kessel, Bernier, Reilly, and Bozak. So JvR, Kadri, Dion, Gardiner, Franson, Reimer, Bolland, Holland, Lupul, and Kuli are all up to be involved in a trade. Dion be involved in the Thorton trade, SJ is deep at center too. So JvR would have to be the main piece of the Thorton trade.

If JvR is traded, I’ll be stupid upset as a Leaf Fan. He’s arguably been the most improved Leaf over the last 2 yrs.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll