Thread: LeBron Hate

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default LeBron Hate

Can I ask why? Like what about this guy makes him so hate-able? From what I can tell it is all about "The Decision", but it seems like everyone seems to forget that the hour long program made over $3 million for charity (The Boys and Girls Club of America). So was it the best decision? Maybe not. But he made a lot of money for charity by doing that and I still think his intentions were in the right place.

So is he hated for the "Dream Team"? Thats just dumb. Was Jordan-Pippen-Rodman of their day not a big 3 dream team? Everyone seems to look past Rodman because of his after basketball antics but he was damn good when he played.

More recent. Was Garnett-Pierce-Allen not a big 3? Of Course they were.

How about Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka? Hell that was a big 4 and they couldn't win before Harden left. Durant-Westbrook-Ibaka are still a big 3.

Want more? Chris Paul-Blake Griffin-DeAndre Jordan (reaching a bit maybe)

How about Kobe-Gasol-Bynum/Howard

This is the model to win in the NBA. Not to mention how badly Wade and Bosh have both played since coming LeBron arrived in Miami, especially Wade who is breaking down and quickly.

The only reason to hate this guy is because he's so good and keeps beating your team. He wasn't the first to do the so called Big 3 Dream team, he just keeps beating the other groups of Big 3 players.

Banned

Default Re: LeBron Hate

I couldn't care less about the NBA (easily the worst and most unbalanced pro sport out there) but the reason would be he's a prick, most likely.

Administrator

Some of it is Lebron being a prick and a drama queen, and part of it is the same stuff that gets Crosby hate. Some people don't like it when someone stands out as the best player and is being promoted as such by the league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

From us... as hockey fans... much of it is from this:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/2...of-nba-finals/

But also... he's always come across as self-centered.
    Watch a few of his interviews... it's always I... me... hockey players just aren't like that.

And unfortunately... when you have a humble pillar of the modern game in Tim Duncan, it makes it near impossible to like LeBron, when we can choose to like Duncan.
    Most star basketball players are pretty arrogant & self-centered, from what I've seen.
    It's a game where one player can dictate the entire game - so it's much different from hockey in that sense.

I like LeBron's skills and rank him right up there with the greatest basketball players.
    But... as a person... he has always struck me as a 12-year old in a man's body.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think it has a lot to do with being promoted since age 15. He's been force-fed for a long time. His high school team was televised on ESPN.
    Crosby suffers in the same way as the patron saint of the NHL.

These guys never earned their fame by fans -- fans were told to adore/respect/pay attention to them long before they were superstars. And they both earned their place, but it comes across as less deserving in a way as a result.

I think that fans will always side for an underdog, and these guys have NEVER been underdogs.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Lebron is alright. As a Chicagoan it is funny to see how defensive people are when comparing him to Jordan. Personally, I think when LeBron retires it will be him and Jordan then everyone else as the best ever.

In terms of the Heat, my hate is for a Wade. He's a dirty, flopping, me-first prima donna.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Lebron is alright. As a Chicagoan it is funny to see how defensive people are when comparing him to Jordan. Personally, I think when LeBron retires it will be him and Jordan then everyone else as the best ever.
    Would have to agree with this, no one will ever surpass Jordan, but Lebron as runner-up for greatest of all time........could easily see this. And he has an outside shot at winning more championships.......