Thread: Acquiring Keith and Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Acquiring Keith and Fleury

I was never really thinking of going after these two players, but the other GM came up to me and started throwing them in a package and offering them to me. Still unsure if I want them, but if I was to offer him a package to get those players, what would it be. I'm willing to trade Kunitz, Howard, Rinne, Burns, Palat, Simmonds, and whatever picks over the next two seasons. He doesn't seem interested in anyone past Rinne there. Is Fleury even an upgrade over Howard and Rinne? And Keith>Kunitz, correct?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Acquiring Keith and Fleury

Kunitz > Keith
    Rinne > Fleury

I'd stand pat
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Rinne>Fleury>Howard
    Kunitz>Keith

If you could find a way to make him interested in Howard+ for Fleury, thats a win in my eyes. But Fleury is not an upgrade over Rinne by any sense.

Also realistically, with Rinne, Howard, Holtby, the ANH tandem and the front runner in STL, you have ZERO need for Fleury haha. Your goaltending will be top notch.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Howard/Burns is about as far as I'd go. All others you have I prefer over Fleury/Keith.

The Great One

The only wrinkle for me is Rinne is coming off a pretty serious injury as we don't know how laviolette is going to have the preads playing next year... Will rinne maintIn his numbers? I'm not so sure

foeury has his doubters but if you look at the breakdown between playoffs and regular season fleury is a regular season stud IMHO as he has no one to steal stRts off him and is almost guaranteed 30 wins just because of his supporting cast

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    The only wrinkle for me is Rinne is coming off a pretty serious injury as we don't know how laviolette is going to have the preads playing next year... Will rinne maintIn his numbers? I'm not so sure

foeury has his doubters but if you look at the breakdown between playoffs and regular season fleury is a regular season stud IMHO as he has no one to steal stRts off him and is almost guaranteed 30 wins just because of his supporting cast
    You have our opinions. It's your call from there.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Don't think you need Fleury, another wild card you have in goaltending is Holtby, depending what transpires in Washington. How long can you wait to declare your keepers. You don't have to be too impatient if you don't want to, you are dealing from strenght.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    Personally, and I could be wrong, I don't think Fleury has a future in Pittsburgh past this season. The guy has been the scape goat too many times, he deserves a fresh start. He's proven consistently that he isn't the most skilled or fundamentally sound goalie, so do you really think he could duplicate his numbers if he wasn't playing behind such a strong team? I wouldn't buy Fleury based on playing in Pittsburgh.