Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attach forum name with rep?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Attach forum name with rep?

I think this has been brought up before, but I wasn't sure of the resolution. Is there any way to automatically attach forum names to rep? I would like to see it on both positive and negative repping. I have been both, positive and negative repped in the past with no mention of who was doing the repping. Recently, I was negative repped by somebody who did it because he felt I negatively repped him first. Of course, it wasn't me who gave him the negative rep in the first place, but now I feel as though I have to defend myself from something that I never did in the first place.

As well, what is stopping somebody from negative repping somebody and then signing it with another poster's forum name? I just think it's a more honest way of doing it. I love the rep system here, but this is probably the one thing about it that I would change.

Rylant

The Great One

Default Re: Attach forum name with rep?

Amen. People who leave neg rep should have the balls to post their name...

I think I've had 5 or 6 negative rep over a couple of years, and I think 4 of them are due to the fact I hold the opinion that the Chara hit on MaxPac was called properly on the ice (5 minutes) and did not deserve a suspension. Who knows, maybe I'll have another neg rep coming, lol.

Administrator

IMO the rep system gets more attention than it should. It's just a toy with very little significance.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

How do you attach a name with rep?
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

The Great One

In the comment section, many people choose to type their name with their comment to inform the person where the rep is coming from....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I give rep all the time with my name attached but never receive it. Very low rep on Dobber for me lol. Least I have 2 blocks!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Now i'm starting to think the blocks indicate length you've been part of the Dobber community... Haha

Gotta get my rep up....ZERO ha

I must not be very insightful....

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    IMO the rep system gets more attention than it should. It's just a toy with very little significance.
    Exactly right.

I guess internet points are important to some people.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Which is fine, if that's the way you feel. I guess it's more important to me than it is to you. If you think it's unimportant, then it shouldn't matter to you one way or another. Clearly, I am not the only one who wants this or thinks it's important. In this instance, it's also bigger than a "toy", in that it leads somebody to falsely accusing me of something I didn't do, and makes me feel like I have to defend myself. If doing this small thing could fix situations like that and make it more honest, why wouldn't you do it?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Or you just take it for what it is and don't attach such big implications with it.

Look at it this way: People look at this differently. They value the "points" differently. Some don't care about the points, but care about it being kind of a simple communication tool. So if someone just throws negative rep around without really thinking much of its "value" and YOU care a whole lot about that value, who stands to lose more? Bottom line, don't care about the points. You just put yourself in an unnecessarily vulnerable position.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Exactly right.

I guess internet points are important to some people.
    16 down votes for you

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I think this has been brought up before, but I wasn't sure of the resolution. Is there any way to automatically attach forum names to rep? I would like to see it on both positive and negative repping. I have been both, positive and negative repped in the past with no mention of who was doing the repping. Recently, I was negative repped by somebody who did it because he felt I negatively repped him first. Of course, it wasn't me who gave him the negative rep in the first place, but now I feel as though I have to defend myself from something that I never did in the first place.

As well, what is stopping somebody from negative repping somebody and then signing it with another poster's forum name? I just think it's a more honest way of doing it. I love the rep system here, but this is probably the one thing about it that I would change.

Rylant
    I don't know what this is like. If I get a rep, I go to my user cp and I see who repped me. Is that now how it is?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I don't know what this is like. If I get a rep, I go to my user cp and I see who repped me. Is that now how it is?
    The rep system has never identified who gave the rep for regular users for as long as we've had vbulletin here. Everyone had to put their names in the comment box.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Mods can see the names

I...am your father.

I found it. Everyone can see it now. No reason why it needs to be hidden
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi