Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Howard Berger's interesting Leafs/Panthers trade rumor

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Howard Berger's interesting Leafs/Panthers trade rumor

People seem to neglect what kind of value this trade would bring to the Panthers. Florida doesn't need another offensive centre like Kadri, they have Barkov and Bjugstad which will end up being an excellent 1-2 punch for years to come. And I'm sorry Leafs fans but Phaneuf is no longer a top pairing D-man, he was used as one this year and look at the results. His average TOI this season was over 23 minutes, which is down from previous years, and it's still way too much IMO. The Panthers don't need a 2nd pairing defenseman on the decline.

This trade isn't happening, Dave Tallon isn't that dumb.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Nobody wants Phaneuf you ******ed Toronto fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Plenty of teams would want Phaneuf you moron. There's also such a thing as retaining salary, ever heard of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    pretty sure she does, who's the ****** now?

I...am your father.

Just to clarify, for something borderline like this mcgoo, I would act only if the post is reported and a complaint filed.

Also - awesome cartoon
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Just to clarify, for something borderline like this mcgoo, I would act only if the post is reported and a complaint filed.

Also - awesome cartoon
    Uh huh, whatever you say bud

Dobber Sports Stud

maybe I am not understanding the terminology. but for a player to be a top pair d man, he would have to be one of the top 60 defence in the league. ( 30 teams x 2 d men per pairing)

Now I will admit I havent watched a lot of Leafs games. Still rebelling against my childhood where the only games I watched (HNIC) were Leafs.

But are there really 60 better d men than Phaneuf in the league? I dont think there is. But I could be wrong. Or also I could be misunderstanding what the term "top pairing d man" really means.

anyone clarifiy?
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Deity

To me, a top pairing Dman is relative to a teams needs.

For example, is Dion Phaneuf a top pairing Dman in St Louis? Not in most peoples minds.

Is Dion Phaneuf a top pair Dman in Toronto? Yep, and I think that's why he's paid like it.

It's all relative to a teams needs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Uh huh, whatever you say bud
    I'm so grateful to have your go-ahead pal

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm so grateful to have your go-ahead pal
    I just think it's sad that you can't even follow your own rules

I...am your father.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I was dying to know.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

are you actually getting on his case because of the borderline insults that were posted? if so, what do you suggest he should have done for this below:

you're right for once mcgoo. dobber should enforce his rules better, that way trolls like you would be banned. i don't understand how someone who constantly insults forum members and mods can complain about other people's posts.

Banned

are you actually getting on his case because of the borderline insults that were posted? if so, what do you suggest he should have done for this below:

you're right for once mcgoo. dobber should enforce his rules better, that way trolls like you would be banned. i don't understand how someone who constantly insults forum mebers and mods can complain about other people's posts.
    Well to be fair, that whole escapade was a commentary on trolls like you and Ev that went over your heads... but whatever, I'll answer your question fairly.

I think given the way the new rules have been explained to me that were I to repeat that kind of display then I should absolutely be given multiple infractions and sent to the penalty box for 10 mins. I think the language of the infraction system is pretty clear actually.

But call the play on the ice the same across the board, you can't call the game strict on one team then pocket the whistle for the other. Are you trying to argue that those posts somehow do not violate at least one and possibly two of the new infraction rules? Please share for us how you feel that these posts do not apply...I'll be right back I gotta make some popcorn!

Dobber Sports All-Star

[img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/4ijxbr.jpg[/

you're right for once mcgoo. dobber should enforce his rules better, that way trolls like you would be banned. i don't understand how someone who constantly insults forum members and mods can complain about other people's posts.
    You're too nice Praba. Seriously.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well to be fair, that whole escapade was a commentary on trolls like you and Ev that went over your heads... but whatever, I'll answer your question fairly.

I think given the way the new rules have been explained to me that were I to repeat that kind of display then I should absolutely be given multiple infractions and sent to the penalty box for 10 mins. I think the language of the infraction system is pretty clear actually.

But call the play on the ice the same across the board, you can't call the game strict on one team then pocket the whistle for the other. Are you trying to argue that those posts somehow do not violate at least one and possibly two of the new infraction rules? Please share for us how you feel that these posts do not apply...I'll be right back I gotta make some popcorn!
    sure, if you really feel those posts are worthy of infractions, then report them. technically only pmorrow directly insulted a forum member, but i have no issues with receiving a penalty (funny enough i got rep for that post, but i suppose that's irrelevant).

my issue is that you always find a way to trainwreck threads. i believe i saw you insult Bomm (a mod) recently too, i could be wrong since i tend to ignore most of your posts. anyways i'm just adding to the trainwreck now, so again if you have further issues then the report button is your best friend. although i'm not sure if it will help much as i'm sure you've pissed off a lot of mods by now.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Good point. With all that cap space, the Leafs could go out and get another David Clarkson...

I just don't see how Phaneuf + Kardi + 8th = 1st overall, given that Toronto has been already been rebuilding for about 20 years.
    Exactly. None of this makes any sense. Now isn't the tine for Toronto to start another rebuild. They should have let Burke finish what he started.

Banned

sure, if you really feel those posts are worthy of infractions, then report them. technically only pmorrow directly insulted a forum member, but i have no issues with receiving a penalty (funny enough i got rep for that post, but i suppose that's irrelevant).
    I don't think they are worthy of infractions, I have zero issue with any of those posts on any level. But without question they are in direct opposition to the rules, so shouldn't they be subject to them as well?...and they were reported (just to prove my point)

my issue is that you always find a way to trainwreck threads. i believe i saw you insult Bomm (a mod) recently too, i could be wrong since i tend to ignore most of your posts. anyways i'm just adding to the trainwreck now, so again if you have further issues then the report button is your best friend. although i'm not sure if it will help much as i'm sure you've pissed off a lot of mods by now.
    The ironic (and frankly hilarious) part of that thread was that it was the golden boy mod Bomm who completely trainwrecked it, and as you note here you are doing the exact same thing...hypocrites all over the place today aren't there?