Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Prospect Report requests

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Fantasy Prospect Report requests

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    That gets done in the fantasy guide. I have to close the book on the Prospects Report after the second update because my focus turns 100% to the Fantasy Guide which is released about 6 weeks after that.
    I forgot about that and went back and checked, so there is, my apologies.

Thanks
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Novice

Dobber and co.,

Thanks again for a such a thorough and sometimes provoking report. It's one of my favorite hockey reports to read every year.
    I should admit that I was surprised not to see Remi Elie profiled for Dallas. He seemed to have such a good year, and was even mentioned in the mid-season guide. I would also like to see Stephen Harper and Brady Vail added. Harper seemed to be such a promising prospect and then he ended up not even being drafted last year. Any insight would be great. And Vail was just dropped by Montreal. He seemed like the kind of prospect Montreal could use. Finally, add another vote for a Nick Ebert profile.

I will ask a question that I have been wondering for the last few years. What determines whether a player gets profiled or not? I see a few players that I hoped to get insight on and that do not have surefire jobs with their teams (e.g. K.Connauton) and then others who are in a similar position but do get profiled (D.Smith-Pelly, S.Vatanen, M.Arcobello, R.Strome, JT Miller, B.Bennett, N.Kucherov). Are there criteria used by the writing team that apply or is it rather the case that if the writing team feels the player has successfully become an NHL player he is out of the guide? Don't get me wrong, I understand why guys like B.Nelson and A.Chiasson are not included and I love the fact that all those players I listed have been profiled, I would just like to know the criteria used for inclusion.

Thanks again, great guide.

I have a few other comments and editing feedback, but I'll pm you on those.

The Great One

Already read the whole thing and constantly going back to it lol

Would have like to see Ryan Hartman for Chicago though ....

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would love to see the full rankings list, even if there aren't profiles for everyone. For example, Beaulieu is 8D, Reinhart is 10D and Matheson is 12D but no one is listed as 9D or 11D. It would be useful to know who 9D and 11D are, even if they don't receive a writeup. I am assuming these rankings exist, so would it be possible to add them to the end of the document? I know you need to shift into other gears now, but perhaps next year?

I...am your father.

9D is Ryan Murphy
    11D is Eric Gelinas

All missing (high) rankings are players you already know. Toffoli is another one
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

You'll see the full rankings when the Prospects Rankings go up on June 10

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh yeah...Wow. I wasn't even thinking in terms of them being linked to the top 300 on the site. Sorry.

Dobber Sports Novice

I'd like to add a request for Adam Larsson. I know he's already played 128 games in the NHL, but he played more games in the AHL than in the NHL this season and is only 21 years old. It would be interesting to see your thoughts on where he fits considering the emergence of Gelinas, Merrill and Severson.

I'll add another vote for the prospect list to be included in the guide. There are some very high ranking players omitted in the fwds list as well (4th, 7th and 9th). I can only assume that they are Toffoli, Tatar and Lindholm (or Bärtschi).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not sure how much is known about Michael Keränen but would like to see something on him in the updated guide if possible.

He won best player in Liga-Golden Helmet Award(voted by players), the best player in regular season-Lasse Oksanen Award, and made the all-star team in the Liga this year. 52 points tied for the Liga league lead and finished 2nd in assists.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this guy about possible upside, if he makes the team and stays in NA.

Thanks Dobber!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, Keranen and Hjalmarsson would be great additions.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWherewithal View Post
    I'd like to add a request for Adam Larsson. I know he's already played 128 games in the NHL, but he played more games in the AHL than in the NHL this season and is only 21 years old. It would be interesting to see your thoughts on where he fits considering the emergence of Gelinas, Merrill and Severson.

I'll add another vote for the prospect list to be included in the guide. There are some very high ranking players omitted in the fwds list as well (4th, 7th and 9th). I can only assume that they are Toffoli, Tatar and Lindholm (or Bärtschi).
    You'll just see the Prospects List on the site in four days! And yes, those are the missing guys.

I will discuss Larsson in the Fantasy Guide, out August 1

The Great One

Ryan Hartman?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Yeah, Keranen and Hjalmarsson would be great additions.
    I second this.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    I second this.
    Hjalmarsson would be solid, Keranen though...man, he's a tough guy to get any intel on. I've tried and I typically have pretty good luck at it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Hjalmarsson would be solid, Keranen though...man, he's a tough guy to get any intel on. I've tried and I typically have pretty good luck at it.
    Yeah, with Hjalmarsson being a former NHL draft pick there are at least plenty of old scouting reports about him. Keranen is tough.