Thread: Marc Savard update

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Marc Savard update

A few days old, but I just saw it now. He gave an interview to TSN radio station in Toronto. He talks about Matt Cooke, the Bruins, and some other stuff.

As for how he's feeling:

“It was a tough time all in all. I’m just happy with my life right now.”

Savard said he still sees “dots” in hot weather and when kneeling down, and still has issues with migraines associated with the multiple concussions he suffered during his NHL career. Those are the sad realities for NHL players once the crowds and media attention die down.

But the B’s big-ticket free agent, who jumped to Boston in the same summer as Zdeno Chara back in 2006, is feeling good enough these days to get on the golf course and help coach his children’s hockey teams. Those are excellent quality of life steps for a player that wasn’t pushed in that direction.

“I’m doing good. Things are getting better for me,” said Savard. “I still have some issues, but I can’t complain; life’s pretty good. I’ve got a newborn, a son that’s playing hockey and a daughter that’s dancing, so things are pretty busy for me.
    More on the story here: http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/s...life-right-now

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Marc Savard update

Thanks! Good for him to get closer back to a normal life.

Dobber Sports Superstar

He was an exciting player to watch, and great to have on your fantasy team. Career ended way too soon.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    A few days old, but I just saw it now. He gave an interview to TSN radio station in Toronto. He talks about Matt Cooke, the Bruins, and some other stuff.

As for how he's feeling:

More on the story here: http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/s...life-right-now
    Thanks for sharing the update. I'm glad to hear things seem to be looking up for him again. Too bad his hockey career had to be cut short.

Banned

Now if only someone would run Cooke's head through the boards, (note: not ot 'into', actually all the way through)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    He was an exciting player to watch, and great to have on your fantasy team. Career ended way too soon.
    What do you mean!!!!!....he isn't what we want to watch anyway...... its the dirty hits that we want to see.....

So glad Cooke is still playing this game.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sounds like he has adjusted as well as possible, all things considered. Thankfully he had a decent long term contract in place to keep the dollars rolling in.

Dobber Sports Master

Great to hear that he can enjoy the little things like coaching kids and golf. I can imagine that he was devastated to be forced to quit the game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, good to hear he's getting better. I was a big Savard fan. Tough to see him go out that way, but there are bigger things in life.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I used to watch Marc Savard in Atlanta.
    A fantastic player with top level hockey sense.
    A player I really missed watching & hurt to see him removed from the game.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Now if only someone would run Cooke's head through the boards, (note: not ot 'into', actually all the way through)
    Yes please. Either that or someone random in a bank or mall.... put his head through any hard surface and I'm good with that.

Savard was a great fantasy asset and a very high IQ hockey player. Always knocked for his skating, dedication and attitude but I though he displayed a fine attitude and played hard and his attitude in this case I think is in line with his character. To think CGY let him go... Too bad he couldn't keep playing because I really enjoyed watching him play. Great, great passes.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How are Cooke and Bertuzzi still in hockey?? Both guys they attacked haven't been the same since.. They should have had to find other jobs until their victims made full recoveries and returned to the ice..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..